Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides help you shop for the loved ones in your life. Check out our other gift guides for presents that will please every traveler on your list. So far we have also revealed top gifts for Under $250, Stocking Stuffers, Kids, and great Books.
Sometimes the greatest holiday shopping challenge is finding a moderately priced gift for that favorite travel-loving auntie or friend on your list. Look no further: These 10 great travel-friendly gifts all ring in at under $100—not only will they maximize your gift-giving dollars, but they'll make you look downright thoughtful, too.
1. Cashmere Long Echo Touch Gloves
These luxurious cashmere gloves, available in a wide variety of colors, are perfect for the on-the-go fashionista who enjoys winter escapes in hip European cities. Their ELink fabric is primed for touch-screen interaction, so travelers can keep their fingers warm while snapping wintry Instagrams in winter wonderland cities like Berlin, Vienna, or Budapest. Buy It: $88, Zappos
2. Owen and Fred Custom Leather Luggage Tags
Gift your favorite frequent-flyer a customized, hand-stamped leather luggage tag in smoke, black, or orange. Not only will they never again have to write their name and address on a flimsy, airline-issued tag, but their standard-issue black roller bag will get an instant style upgrade. Buy It: Set of two for $81, Owen and Fred
3. Chance Co Turkish Foutas
Grey winter days can dull spirits. These sunny Turkish throws in colors inspired by the sea, sky, and landscapes of Greece, are sure to cure those winter blues. Lightweight and fast-drying, they're exceptionally versatile: They'll work as a beach towel, picnic blanket, or, even an in-flight wrap. Buy It: $48, Chance Co
4. Leibal Felt Case
Traveling techies will love this sleek, minimalist felt case for their iPad or MacBook Air. The case offers protection and organizational utility, perfect for quickly getting through airport security, or slipping into a briefcase. The interior operates as a mouse pad and features stylish tan accents, including business card pockets.Buy It: $55, Liebal
5. Karma Wi-Fi
For the road-tripper or business traveler in your life, the gift of pay-as-you-go connectivity means never again buying a coffee just for a jolt of free Wi-Fi. The pocket-size Karma Wi-Fi device turns users into their own personal hot spot and comes with no strings attached: there's no contract, no monthly fees, and no expiration date. Buy It: Device and 1GB data for $99, Karma
6. Drawstring Travel Bag Set
Prim and organized travelers will relish these powder-pink drawstring cotton bags that protect and separate travel clothes. They're perfect for longer trips and keep lingerie, swimsuits, and dirty laundry tidily tucked away. Buy It: Set of two for $42, Etsy The Made and Found
7. Uniqlo Ultra Light Down Vest
Outdoor lovers into hiking, skiing, and trekking will gladly bundle up in this lightweight down vest that's warm enough for outerwear but thin enough to use as an inner layer; plus, it's so compact, it can be folded into a small pouch when not in use. Available for men and women in several colors. Buy It: $49.90, Uniqlo
8. Picnic at Ascot Collapsible Trunk Organizer & Cooler Set
This practical organizer is pitch-perfect for campers and road-trippers who'd rather hit the road with a fully stocked larder, not a trunk full of grocery bags. With a removable insulated cooler, and three distinct compartments, this impressive poly-canvas trunk conveniently folds flat once empty, and uses up minimal space. Buy It: $46.99, Amazon.com
9. L.L. Bean Boat & Tote Bag
Busy moms will appreciate the ease and simplicity of this zip-top tote bag, which could just as easily pack for a day at the beach as a kids-free weekend escape. Choose from basic color accents and a variety of sizes, many of which are perfect for stowing personal items under train, plane, and bus seats. Add a monogram for a custom touch.Buy It: Small $27.95; Extra Large $45.95, L.L. Bean
10. Loose Petals City Skyline Wall Art Posters
More fanciful than practical, these illustrated city skylines depict iconic vistas and buildings in 96 American destinations, 18 European cities, and beyond. Their artful, vintage feel will add a touch of whimsy to any bedroom, office, or dorm room, and may just inspire some serious wanderlust. Buy It: $27, Loose Petals on Etsy
Photo Credits: 1. Cashmere gloves: Courtesy of The Echo Design Group; 2. Owen and Fred luggage tags: Courtesy of Owen & Fred; 3. Chance Turkish foutas: Courtesy of Chance Echodesign, Inc.; 4. Leibal felt case: Courtesy of Leibal; 5. Karma Mobility Wi-Fi: Courtesy of Karma Mobility, Inc.; 6. Travel laundry bags: themadeandfound/Etsy, Inc.; 7. Uniqlo vest: Courtesy of UNIQLO CO.; 8. Picnic Set: Courtesy of Amazon.com, Inc.; 9. L.L. Bean tote: Courtesy of L.L.Bean, Inc.; 10. Illustrated skylines: Courtesy of loosepetals/Etsy, Inc.
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
$40 a piece for luggage tags? You jest, surely. Besides, it is a security hazard to go around with your address in full view on your bags. I would have though Fodors knew better.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- Ultimate Guide to European Rail Passes
- What's the One Thing Fodor's Editors Never Travel Without?
- Wine Lover's Guide to St. Helena
- Vote for Fodor's Travel to Go to the 2015 SXSW Festival
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $840* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $1199 -- 14-Nt. Panama Canal Cruise on Royal CaribbeanCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $1129 & up -- Hawaii: Weeklong Cruise to 4 IslandsNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1065 & up -- 6-Nt. Madrid & Barcelona Trip w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com
- $1145 & up -- 6-Nt. Berlin & Prague Package w/Air & TrainEuropeanDestinations.com
- $8.50 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com