FlightCar Launches Free "Parking" at Airport
Airport parking is a pain. An expensive pain. But finally, one company got smart and is cashing in on convenience. FlightCar will alleviate your airport parking headache by renting out your car during your trip.
Here's how: Sign up with FlightCar as an owner. List your car on their site, specifying make, model, mileage, and even whether it's smoke- and pet-friendly. Then, call 10-15 minutes before you arrive at the airport, and a FlightCar staff member will meet you and take your car. Your parking is paid for whether your car is rented or not (!), and if it is rented, it will be cleaned before your return, and you'll get a free gas card. Plus your car is insured up to $1 million during the rental. Not bad, eh?
Looking to rent once you get to your destination? Search on the FlightCar site, book your car, and call FlightCar when you reach your destination. Their valet service meets you at your terminal. They advertise savings of up to 50 percent on your rental, plus they provide free GPS units and car seats, as well as 24-hour roadside assistance. You're insured up to $300,000 in liability coverage, and free collision insurance is offered as well. Your rental includes up to 90 miles per day, after which you get charged an extra fee, and you must return the car with at least the same amount of gas in it as when you took it. At the very least, it's a viable alternative to booking with a bigger brand name.
As of now, FlightCar is only available at San Francisco International Airport, but according to the company, they'll be expanding to other airports soon.
Photo credits: Courtesy of FlightCar
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- Fall 2014 Guide to Washington, D.C.
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo
- $1459 -- Hong Kong 5-Star Land-Only Trip w/Macau Day TourHong Kong Tourism Board
- $639* & up -- Europe Fall Fares on 'Best Airline' (R/T)Lufthansa Airlines
- $53 & up -- Hotels in Mesa, Arizona up to 45% offVisit Mesa
- $1399 & up -- 7-Nt. Jamaica All-Incl. Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $69* & up -- Nationwide Fares on Award-Winning Airline, O/WVirgin America
- $1215* & up -- Fly RT to Sydney or Auckland w/Fiji StopoverPacificislands.com