FlightCar Launches Free "Parking" at Airport
Airport parking is a pain. An expensive pain. But finally, one company got smart and is cashing in on convenience. FlightCar will alleviate your airport parking headache by renting out your car during your trip.
Here's how: Sign up with FlightCar as an owner. List your car on their site, specifying make, model, mileage, and even whether it's smoke- and pet-friendly. Then, call 10-15 minutes before you arrive at the airport, and a FlightCar staff member will meet you and take your car. Your parking is paid for whether your car is rented or not (!), and if it is rented, it will be cleaned before your return, and you'll get a free gas card. Plus your car is insured up to $1 million during the rental. Not bad, eh?
Looking to rent once you get to your destination? Search on the FlightCar site, book your car, and call FlightCar when you reach your destination. Their valet service meets you at your terminal. They advertise savings of up to 50 percent on your rental, plus they provide free GPS units and car seats, as well as 24-hour roadside assistance. You're insured up to $300,000 in liability coverage, and free collision insurance is offered as well. Your rental includes up to 90 miles per day, after which you get charged an extra fee, and you must return the car with at least the same amount of gas in it as when you took it. At the very least, it's a viable alternative to booking with a bigger brand name.
As of now, FlightCar is only available at San Francisco International Airport, but according to the company, they'll be expanding to other airports soon.
Photo credits: Courtesy of FlightCar
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Asia's 10 Best Second Cities
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- 15 Must-See Literary Sights in London
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- What's the One Thing Fodor's Editors Never Travel Without?
- Hotel Opening: London's Ham Yard Hotel
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $854 -- 7-Night Mediterranean Cruise w/$100 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $1199 -- Alaska 2015 Cruises w/Balcony, All Drinks & MoreCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $160-$175 -- Jamaica: New Adults-Only All-Inclusive ResortHotel Riu Palace Jamaica
- $1313 & up -- Bangkok & Phuket 6-Nt. Trip w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com
- $1349 & up -- London & Paris 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com
- $1541 & up -- Fiji Islands & Auckland 6 Nts. w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com