FlightCar Launches Free "Parking" at Airport
Airport parking is a pain. An expensive pain. But finally, one company got smart and is cashing in on convenience. FlightCar will alleviate your airport parking headache by renting out your car during your trip.
Here's how: Sign up with FlightCar as an owner. List your car on their site, specifying make, model, mileage, and even whether it's smoke- and pet-friendly. Then, call 10-15 minutes before you arrive at the airport, and a FlightCar staff member will meet you and take your car. Your parking is paid for whether your car is rented or not (!), and if it is rented, it will be cleaned before your return, and you'll get a free gas card. Plus your car is insured up to $1 million during the rental. Not bad, eh?
Looking to rent once you get to your destination? Search on the FlightCar site, book your car, and call FlightCar when you reach your destination. Their valet service meets you at your terminal. They advertise savings of up to 50 percent on your rental, plus they provide free GPS units and car seats, as well as 24-hour roadside assistance. You're insured up to $300,000 in liability coverage, and free collision insurance is offered as well. Your rental includes up to 90 miles per day, after which you get charged an extra fee, and you must return the car with at least the same amount of gas in it as when you took it. At the very least, it's a viable alternative to booking with a bigger brand name.
As of now, FlightCar is only available at San Francisco International Airport, but according to the company, they'll be expanding to other airports soon.
Photo credits: Courtesy of FlightCar
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $869 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays