Fall and Food Favorites: Week in Review
Sure, summer's great for fresh produce and alfresco meals, but since September starts tomorrow, you're may be hungry for something different. Feast on this week's selection of tasty travel bites, where we went to Croatia and Philly, to dig up the best foodie finds. The newest Food Network Star, Damaris Phillips, stopped by to share the best of Louisville. And we took a look at 5 farmers market-centric hotels. And for anyone who's good and ready for a pumpkin spice latte,we picked the 14 best places to go this fall. The leaves might not have changed yet, but it's never too soon to plan an autumnal adventure.
Philly's dining scene is exploding with fresh local and imported talent as well as old favorites reopening in new spaces. Here are the 7 places you should book a table at right now.
The UK's muddy music festivals spawned the super-chic yurts, eco-pods, and geodesic domes that replaced boring tents in favor of "glamping." These five are the coolest of the cool.
Prefer organic rhubarb and strawberries to room service? The farmers market fervor is so strong that these five hotels have created special packages around their nearby markets.
Croatia is filled to the brim with spectacular food and drink—olive oil and grapevines, lobster and oysters abound. That means that the best way to discover the country is through your stomach.
The East Coast's preeminent wine region stretches in the rolling hills between the three main Finger Lakes, offering scenic drives and ample tastings that rival the best in the West.
Chef Damaris Phillips' sunny Southern charm and cooking made her a Food Network Star, so this Louisville local was our go-to source for the low-down on food and fun in Kentucky's metropolis.
From cutting-edge contemporary art in Miami to epic new Kenyan resorts, this season's hottest destinations exceed expectations. We've narrowed it down to the 14 you should pay attention to now.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $5199 -- Namibia 11-Night Adventure w/Air, Save $600Friendly Planet Travel
- $216 & up -- Miami Beach Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $599 & up -- All-Incl. Puerto Plata Escape w/Air, Half OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $649 & up -- Jamaica 4-Nt. All-Incl. Luxury Escape, Half OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $51 & up -- Myrtle Beach Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $1119 & up -- Oceanview: 7-Nt. Greek Isles Cruise, Save $330Royal Caribbean