Exclusive Fodor's Deal on Walking Tours in Britain
Walking vacations continue to be a popular form of travel. After all, what better way to soak up region's local culture than to stroll right through its countryside?
And as snow dusts the ground this winter, it's time to ask what your spring, summer, or autumn vacation will be. Why not consider a walking tour of England (options include Cornwall, Lake District and London, and the Cotswolds), Wales, or Scotland? Since 1985, English Lakeland Ramblers have specialized in hikes and walks, providing travelers with active vacations through the above regions, whether it's a coastal trek or city-centric hike. Everything is included once you commit to the trip: just-brewed morning coffee, the joy of traveling within a group, and hotel rooms arranged for each night.
Ranging from six nights/seven days to 15 nights/16 days, tours through English Lakeland Ramblers thoroughly immerse you in many regions by design, with walks taking you through the lesser-trekked countryside destinations, from Cornwall to the Scottish Highlands, from the Irish Sea to the North Sea. Tours include breakfast, lunch, accommodations, transfers, guides, and most dinners, depending on the tour. They come in three categories: inn-based (where guests stay a few nights in centrally located country inns), inn-to-inn tours, or custom-tailored tours (for couples, families, or groups of friends who love fresh air and camaraderie). These fully guided trips feature a private escort van that transfers luggage from inn-to-inn and serves as backup transportation en route. Designed for travelers of all ages, the trek ranges from five to 11 miles a day.
The (Sweet) Deal
English Lakeland Ramblers is offering Fodor's readers the chance to see and experience a true walking tour of England, Scotland, or Wales with a steep exclusive discount. Book a tour before January 1, 2013, and receive $200 off the cost (for all 24 tours). (Tours normally cost between $2,850 and $5,325.) You must have completed the tour by the end of 2013.
The Details: Visit Ramblers.com for more info. To book a tour with this sweet (sweet) deal, click here and answer the question "How did you hear of Ramblers?" with the answer "FODORS"). For questions, call either 800-724-8801 or 703-680-4276.
Photos courtesy of English Lakeland Ramblers
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- America's 15 Best Small-Town Festivals
- World's Most Unique Dining Experiences
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- $79 -- CA: Sacramento River Retreat near Mt. Shasta, 40% OffGaia Hotel and Spa
- $191 & up -- LA: Hotel Near Universal Studios, 35% OffSheraton Universal Hotel
- $79 & up -- Virginia Hotels and Resorts on Sale, Save 50%Featured Destination: Virginia
- $55 & up -- Myrtle Beach Oceanview Suite, Save 35%Hotel Blue
- $10.95 & up -- Rental Cars across the United StatesHotwire.com
- $1675 & up -- 9-Nt. London, Paris & Rome Trip w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com