Exclusive Fodor's Deal on Walking Tours in Britain
Walking vacations continue to be a popular form of travel. After all, what better way to soak up region's local culture than to stroll right through its countryside?
And as snow dusts the ground this winter, it's time to ask what your spring, summer, or autumn vacation will be. Why not consider a walking tour of England (options include Cornwall, Lake District and London, and the Cotswolds), Wales, or Scotland? Since 1985, English Lakeland Ramblers have specialized in hikes and walks, providing travelers with active vacations through the above regions, whether it's a coastal trek or city-centric hike. Everything is included once you commit to the trip: just-brewed morning coffee, the joy of traveling within a group, and hotel rooms arranged for each night.
Ranging from six nights/seven days to 15 nights/16 days, tours through English Lakeland Ramblers thoroughly immerse you in many regions by design, with walks taking you through the lesser-trekked countryside destinations, from Cornwall to the Scottish Highlands, from the Irish Sea to the North Sea. Tours include breakfast, lunch, accommodations, transfers, guides, and most dinners, depending on the tour. They come in three categories: inn-based (where guests stay a few nights in centrally located country inns), inn-to-inn tours, or custom-tailored tours (for couples, families, or groups of friends who love fresh air and camaraderie). These fully guided trips feature a private escort van that transfers luggage from inn-to-inn and serves as backup transportation en route. Designed for travelers of all ages, the trek ranges from five to 11 miles a day.
The (Sweet) Deal
English Lakeland Ramblers is offering Fodor's readers the chance to see and experience a true walking tour of England, Scotland, or Wales with a steep exclusive discount. Book a tour before January 1, 2013, and receive $200 off the cost (for all 24 tours). (Tours normally cost between $2,850 and $5,325.) You must have completed the tour by the end of 2013.
The Details: Visit Ramblers.com for more info. To book a tour with this sweet (sweet) deal, click here and answer the question "How did you hear of Ramblers?" with the answer "FODORS"). For questions, call either 800-724-8801 or 703-680-4276.
Photos courtesy of English Lakeland Ramblers
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- Where to Eat in Orlando Now
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1225 & Up -- Waikiki: 4-Star Hilton Oceanview Stay w/AirApple Vacations
- $2199 & up -- World's Best Luxury Sailings up to $1000 OffWindstar Cruises
- $234 & up -- Cayman Island Travel Deals; Save up to 40%Cayman Islands Department of Tourism
- $189-$199 -- Weekends at Downtown Los Angeles 4-Star HotelThe Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites
- $130 & up -- Downtown Chicago 4-Star Hotel, Save 45%The Westin Chicago River North
- $1479 & up -- London & Paris 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com