Exclusive Fodor's Deal: Last-Minute South Beach Getaway
Call it a post-holiday comedown. Much as you try to avoid it, after the presents are unwrapped, all your friends scatter around the country again, and the bone-chilling temps cripple your time outdoors, the doldrums creep in. Why not push all of those feelings aside and hop on a plane to South Beach where the sun is always shining, you can dine outdoors, and the beach is but a few blocks away from your hotel? Miami International Airport and Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport are breezy methods for getting you there in just a few hours.
And wouldn't you know it...we here at Fodor's scored you, dear readers, and exclusive deal for stays in January 2013.
As an 18-room boutique hotel, Sense Beach House, at 400 Ocean Drive, is perfect for travelers who ache for high design but don't want to bunk in a party pad. (So, if you're a sophisticated style hound, this is your hotel!) It's located in the SoFi district (what locals dub the neighborhood that's South of Fifth Street).
With just 18 rooms, Sense Beach House—recently under new ownership and fresh off a renovation—can easily accommodate your pampering needs. There are two room styles: Blue Room features a blue/minty-green and stark-white décor while Sand Room is a monochromatic palette of serene beige tones and crisp white. All rooms come with a memory-foam bed and pillows, Molton Brown toiletries, a 46-inch flat-screen television, minibar, and free WiFi. Choose from city or ocean views. Throughout the hotel are beach-inspired hues of blues and beiges that mimic the nearby shoreline, and an immediate sense of tranquility lies in the neutral lighting fixtures and light-wood accents.
As the name suggests, you'll indulge all five senses when you stay here. Tapas with a Latin twist at Local House Raw Bar & Grill, the onsite restaurant, are served in a dining room marked by khaki slipcovers and whitewashed wood paneling. Common spaces—the Veranda's communal table for sipping lattes and reading the newspaper, and the parlor's Shabby Chic-meets-ocean-décor furnishings—mirror what you'd find in a luxe private home. There is even a sun-drenched play room with a ping-pong table and foosball. At the Oasis is a rooftop pool and adjacent lounge serving cocktails, the perfect companion to sunbathing in a chaise with views of not only the Atlantic Ocean but Miami's glittering skyline too.
The (Sweet) Deal
Sense Beach House is offering Fodor's readers the chance to see and experience an intimate property in a well-traveled beach destination. Stay at Sense Beach House and receive 30 percent off room rates for stays during the month of January 2013.
Visit SenseBeachHouse.com for more info. To book at this rate call the hotel at 305-538-5529 and request this exclusive Fodor's deal.
Photo credit: Courtesy of Sense Beach House
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2014: The Best Travel Deals
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 15 Under-the-Radar Vacation Destinations
- 10 Places to Go This Winter
- How to Use the Internet to Find the Best Airplane Seats
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- $169 -- 4-Star Sheraton Times Square Holiday Sale, 40% OffStarwood Hotels and Resorts
- $849 & up -- Ends 12/2: Hawaii Cruises w/$250 CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $127* & up -- Cheap Flights to Portland, Ore. (R/T, w/Tax)Travel Portland
- $98 & up -- Downtown Denver 4-Star Hotel, 60% OffSheraton Denver Downtown Hotel
- $539 & up -- Jamaica 5-Night, All-Incl. Trip; Kids Stay FreeCheapCaribbean.com
- $1281 & up -- Iceland Escape incl. Northern Lights & AirGreat Value Vacations