Eden Roc at Cap Cana to Open in Punta Cana
Earlier this summer, Eden Roc at Cap Cana opened the first 12 of its 34 villa-sized suites, bringing visitors to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, a sleek beachfront stay along the Caribbean Sea. Tucked into the 30,000-acre Cap Cana Marina development, just south of Punta Cana, the $30 million property is designed to be a spitting image of both the French and the Italian Riviera.
Because the villas are within the Caleton Beach Club, a private members-only facility, Eden Roc at Cap Cana guests receive full access to club amenities. In addition, there is access to a Jack Nicklaus signature golf course (Punta Espada Golf Course), Solaya Spa (an oceanfront spa pavilion with a sauna, hamman, cardio-training machines, salon, outdoor free-form swimming pool, and organic food menu), and six restaurants. In November an oceanfront pavilion offering massage treatments debuts at Caletón Beach Club.
Milan designers Carlo Belgir and Marina Nova, working with Dominican architect Franc Ortega, created the look of a luxurious village inspired by the 1960s French and Italian Rivieras. Lots of lush greenery and lagoon-style pools, along with expansive decks, high ceilings, and natural lighting in the suites, create a calming effect that fits right into the natural surroundings. Honoring the vibrant Caribbean landscape are invigorating color hues in each suite, such as cerise, golden yellow, azure, plum, and lime green, with a backdrop of cream and eggshell shades. There are six suite sizes, each has its own pool and outside rain shower. Complimentary WiFi is available in each, along with luxuries like coral-stone bathtubs with marble Jacuzzis; 42- and 55-inch flat-screen TVs with satellite programming; exclusive bath amenities by Laura Tonatto; slippers, bed linens, and bathrobes by Rivolta Carmignani; and a cedar walk-in closet with two entrances.
By November the remaining 22 villas will be completed and ready for bookings. Opening rates are from $660 a night for stays through December 22. The six restaurants are expected to all be complete by the end of October. Executive chef Gianluca Re Fraschini is putting the final touches on Mediterraneo (serving French and Italian fare using a combination of local and European-sourced artisanal ingredients, and overlooking the lagoon), Gastronomico (global flavors for just 20 guests at a time), La Palapa by Eden Roc (seafood-focused and a longtime favorite in Punta Cana that's inside the Caletón Beach Club), Blue Lagoon Pool Bar & Restaurant (sandwiches, salads and beverages served poolside), Riva Bar (inspired by the Riva Aquarama pleasure boat in 1960s Monte Carlo, Antibes and Portofino), and La Cava (an intimate spot just for wine lovers that emulates a wine cellar).
Photo credits: Courtesy of Eden Roc at Cap Cana
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
While considering stay at this hotel be aware of some pros 1. Very decent (unbeatable) price for hotel and guarded parking place - it is an expensive city. 2. Quite tasteful breakfasts. 3. Wifi access available everywhere in hotel facilities. 4. Rooms are air-conditioned, bathrooms clean. 5. Quiet area
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Top 15 Beach Destinations for Winter Escapes
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2014: The Best Travel Deals
- 10 Places to Go This Winter
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- How to Use the Internet to Find the Best Airplane Seats
- $1499 -- Asia 14-Night Cruise w/Drinks, Tips & $200 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $139 -- Luxe Colorado Resort incl. Parking, 50% OffWestin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain
- $138 -- Bahamas: 4-Star All-Incl. Beach Resort, Half OffBookIt.com
- $9 & up -- Holiday Gift Guide: Deals on 1000+ ExperiencesTravelzoo
- $109 & up -- Bahamas Long Weekend Cruises incl. NassauNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1199 -- Hawaiian Islands 15-Night Cruise on PrincessPrincess Cruises