Drinking, Dessing, and Daydream Destinations: Weekly Roundup
This week, we covered a lot of seriously crave-worthy destinations—from a luxe Swiss ski chalet to a secluded Caribbean hideaway to the Aegean blue roofs of Greece. In short, we showed you how to do (or dream of) summer vacation right. When you do touch down in your dream destination, it's best to let your appetite guide you—so we offered up the best places to eat and drink in Greece, Honolulu, and Napa. And, since one must be well dressed for such delightful adventures, we shared tips for turning the chic streets of Berlin into your own personal runway. We've gathered all this, and more, in our weekly roundup.
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living. Between afternoon swims and nighttime strolls, eat like the locals. Which is to say, eat well.
Far from the populous, rainbow umbrella-studded mega-beaches are pristine beaches and serenely secluded deserts with hotels and resorts just begging you to truly get away from it all—here are the world's top ten.
Why settle for a hotel when you can book an entire ski chalet, Tuscan compound, or modern-day castle for your next holiday? Warning: these mega-glam rentals might inspire major vacation envy.
Honolulu's food and drink scene is having a major renaissance right now. So we turned to author Kristiana Kahakauwila for her insider tips on where to eat, drink, and get a taste of old Hawaii.
From its food to its vibrant nightlife, Cape Town's eclectic mingling of cultures and history make for an endlessly interesting array of things to do and see—from penguin-watching to wine tasting and everything in between. Our insider's guide helps you narrow down the choices.
American wine country is having a cocktail moment. In Napa, nightlife traditionally consisted of picking up frozen yogurt on the walk home. But now, the region is in the midst of a major, boozy breakthrough.
Berlin's ubercool aesthetic extends from its art scene, culture, architecture, and nightlife into its striking street style. Pack these chic picks and you're sure to stand out in Berlin's hip, eclectic crowd.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- 10 Natural and Organic Beauty Products Worth Packing
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1599 -- Alaska 11-Night Cruise & Hotel Package, Save $860CruCon Cruise Outlet
- $3599 -- Suite: 10-Nt. Award-Winning Asia Cruise on WindstarWindstar Cruises
- $2899 & up -- Australia: Queensland Trip w/Barrier Reef TourTourism and Events Queensland
- $1282* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $912* & up -- Global Sale on 5-Star Airline, R/T incl. TaxQatar Airways
- $849 -- Balcony: 7-Nt. Caribbean Cruise w/Tips & DrinksCruCon Cruise Outlet