Speak Like a Local with Fodor's Travel Phrases App
You've booked flights, packed bags, plotted itineraries, and made it out of the airport in one piece. But nothing is catches you more off-guard than arriving and realizing you have absolutely no idea how to speak to locals. Where's the bathroom? You'll just have to guess. How do I buy a Metro ticket? You're on your own. How do I get to my hotel? Good luck with that.
No matter how well prepared you are, nothing complicates traveling like being unable to communicate. That's where our trustyTravel Phrases app comes in. (And, bonus, they're on sale right now! More below.)
Our free app for iPhone and iPad—featured in Apple's "New & Noteworthy" in 2012—lets you choose from 22 languages and over 400 phrases organized into simple categories, so you can quickly consult your phone the next time you're not sure how to say something. With a quick search and one tap you can even hear exactly how to pronounce the phrase. It eliminates the idea of spending a pretty penny and months of time taking language classes to prepare for a trip, letting you access what you need to know, when you need to know it. Best of all, it works offline, so you don't incur expensive roaming charges.
Get in on it soon—through Labor Day, Fodor's is having a summer sale on in-app purchases: an Individual Language Pack is just $.99 (regularly $2.99), while a Globe Trotter Bundle is $9.99 (regularly $19.99) and Other Language Bundles are $4.99 (regularly $9.99).
Paired with our newly expanded collection of free City Guide apps (including Austin, Las Vegas, Miami, New Orleans, Chicago, Amsterdam, and Seattle), you'll have the complete package. Download the Barcelona CityGuide and the Spanish Travel Phrases language pack, and you'll be roaming the twisty cobblestone alleys like a local in no time.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- 10 of Hemingway's Favorite Haunts
- Long Weekend in Lisbon
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- How to Renew Your Passport
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- Wine Lover's Guide to South Africa
- 8 Cooling Beauty Products for Beating the Heat
- How to Use Twitter to Rebook a Canceled Flight
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $2999 -- 7-Night Luxury Cruise to Tahiti on WindstarWindstar Cruises
- $2899 -- Australia 12-Night, 3-City Vacation w/Air & ToursGoway Travel
- $1647 & up -- Dublin & Giant's Causeway Trip w/Air & ToursGreat Value Vacations
- $1812 & up -- 8-Nts. Rio, Iguassu Falls & Buenos Aires w/AirTripMasters.com
- $119 -- Wisconsin: Water Park Resort Suite thru SummerTimber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark
- $212 & up -- Boston 4-Star Hotel near Newbury St., 45% OffSheraton Boston