Speak Like a Local with Fodor's Travel Phrases App
You've booked flights, packed bags, plotted itineraries, and made it out of the airport in one piece. But nothing is catches you more off-guard than arriving and realizing you have absolutely no idea how to speak to locals. Where's the bathroom? You'll just have to guess. How do I buy a Metro ticket? You're on your own. How do I get to my hotel? Good luck with that.
No matter how well prepared you are, nothing complicates traveling like being unable to communicate. That's where our trustyTravel Phrases app comes in. (And, bonus, they're on sale right now! More below.)
Our free app for iPhone and iPad—featured in Apple's "New & Noteworthy" in 2012—lets you choose from 22 languages and over 400 phrases organized into simple categories, so you can quickly consult your phone the next time you're not sure how to say something. With a quick search and one tap you can even hear exactly how to pronounce the phrase. It eliminates the idea of spending a pretty penny and months of time taking language classes to prepare for a trip, letting you access what you need to know, when you need to know it. Best of all, it works offline, so you don't incur expensive roaming charges.
Get in on it soon—through Labor Day, Fodor's is having a summer sale on in-app purchases: an Individual Language Pack is just $.99 (regularly $2.99), while a Globe Trotter Bundle is $9.99 (regularly $19.99) and Other Language Bundles are $4.99 (regularly $9.99).
Paired with our newly expanded collection of free City Guide apps (including Austin, Las Vegas, Miami, New Orleans, Chicago, Amsterdam, and Seattle), you'll have the complete package. Download the Barcelona CityGuide and the Spanish Travel Phrases language pack, and you'll be roaming the twisty cobblestone alleys like a local in no time.
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
I use a free application https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hotels.car.rentals.flights.ukasoft on my phone. No credit card required to book a car rental. Book today, pay later at the counter!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now | Fodor's
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 13 Family-Friendly Hotels for Your Next Big Vacation
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally | Fodor's
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- Fall Travel: 5 Essentials for a Hudson Valley Escape | Fodor's
- $1481* & up -- Premium Economy Fares to Paris (Roundtrip)Air France
- $133 & up -- Toronto Harbour Hotel over Weekends, Save $50Westin Harbour Castle Toronto
- $60 & up -- South Myrtle Beach Oceanview RoomSurfside Beach Resort
- $95-$115 -- Downtown St. Louis Hotel, 60% OffSheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel & Suites
- $185 & up -- New 4-Star Punta Cana 'Westin' Resort, Save 25%Westin Puntacana Resort & Club
- $2699 -- Yangtze River Cruise & Shanghai-Overnight w/AirSinorama Holidays