Speak Like a Local with Fodor's Travel Phrases App
You've booked flights, packed bags, plotted itineraries, and made it out of the airport in one piece. But nothing is catches you more off-guard than arriving and realizing you have absolutely no idea how to speak to locals. Where's the bathroom? You'll just have to guess. How do I buy a Metro ticket? You're on your own. How do I get to my hotel? Good luck with that.
No matter how well prepared you are, nothing complicates traveling like being unable to communicate. That's where our trustyTravel Phrases app comes in. (And, bonus, they're on sale right now! More below.)
Our free app for iPhone and iPad—featured in Apple's "New & Noteworthy" in 2012—lets you choose from 22 languages and over 400 phrases organized into simple categories, so you can quickly consult your phone the next time you're not sure how to say something. With a quick search and one tap you can even hear exactly how to pronounce the phrase. It eliminates the idea of spending a pretty penny and months of time taking language classes to prepare for a trip, letting you access what you need to know, when you need to know it. Best of all, it works offline, so you don't incur expensive roaming charges.
Get in on it soon—through Labor Day, Fodor's is having a summer sale on in-app purchases: an Individual Language Pack is just $.99 (regularly $2.99), while a Globe Trotter Bundle is $9.99 (regularly $19.99) and Other Language Bundles are $4.99 (regularly $9.99).
Paired with our newly expanded collection of free City Guide apps (including Austin, Las Vegas, Miami, New Orleans, Chicago, Amsterdam, and Seattle), you'll have the complete package. Download the Barcelona CityGuide and the Spanish Travel Phrases language pack, and you'll be roaming the twisty cobblestone alleys like a local in no time.
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
I use a free application https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hotels.car.rentals.flights.ukasoft on my phone. No credit card required to book a car rental. Book today, pay later at the counter!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- $1229 & up -- Riviera Maya: 4-Star; 5-Night Trip w/AirApple Vacations
- $131 & up -- Toronto Harbor Hotel incl. Weekends, Save 35%Westin Harbour Castle Toronto
- $150 & up -- Baltimore: 4-Star Inner Harbor Hotel, 40% OffSheraton Inner Harbor Hotel
- $199-$249 -- 4-Star Downtown Nashville Hotel, Save 45%Sheraton Nashville Downtown
- $156 & up -- 4-Star All-Incl. Costa Rica Resort w/TransfersBookIt.com
- $150 -- Oceanfront Miami Beach Resort into Spring w/RebateBookIt.com