Speak Like a Local with Fodor's Travel Phrases App
You've booked flights, packed bags, plotted itineraries, and made it out of the airport in one piece. But nothing is catches you more off-guard than arriving and realizing you have absolutely no idea how to speak to locals. Where's the bathroom? You'll just have to guess. How do I buy a Metro ticket? You're on your own. How do I get to my hotel? Good luck with that.
No matter how well prepared you are, nothing complicates traveling like being unable to communicate. That's where our trustyTravel Phrases app comes in. (And, bonus, they're on sale right now! More below.)
Our free app for iPhone and iPad—featured in Apple's "New & Noteworthy" in 2012—lets you choose from 22 languages and over 400 phrases organized into simple categories, so you can quickly consult your phone the next time you're not sure how to say something. With a quick search and one tap you can even hear exactly how to pronounce the phrase. It eliminates the idea of spending a pretty penny and months of time taking language classes to prepare for a trip, letting you access what you need to know, when you need to know it. Best of all, it works offline, so you don't incur expensive roaming charges.
Get in on it soon—through Labor Day, Fodor's is having a summer sale on in-app purchases: an Individual Language Pack is just $.99 (regularly $2.99), while a Globe Trotter Bundle is $9.99 (regularly $19.99) and Other Language Bundles are $4.99 (regularly $9.99).
Paired with our newly expanded collection of free City Guide apps (including Austin, Las Vegas, Miami, New Orleans, Chicago, Amsterdam, and Seattle), you'll have the complete package. Download the Barcelona CityGuide and the Spanish Travel Phrases language pack, and you'll be roaming the twisty cobblestone alleys like a local in no time.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- Ultimate Safari Planner
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- World's 10 Coolest Ice Hotels
- Venice's Ban on Cruise Ships: What it Means for You
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Where to Eat in San Antonio, Texas
- 10 Best US Ski Resorts for Families
- 8 Reasons to Visit Philadelphia for the Holidays
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1198-$1278* -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $1645 -- UAE: Dubai & Abu Dhabi 6-Night Vacation, $550 OffGoway Travel with Definitely Dubai & Abu Dhabi Tourism
- $229 & up -- Caribbean 7-Night Cruise; Kids Sail FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1739 -- Spring Sale: 7-Night Holland & Belgium River CruiseAvalon Waterways