Speak Like a Local with Fodor's Travel Phrases App
You've booked flights, packed bags, plotted itineraries, and made it out of the airport in one piece. But nothing is catches you more off-guard than arriving and realizing you have absolutely no idea how to speak to locals. Where's the bathroom? You'll just have to guess. How do I buy a Metro ticket? You're on your own. How do I get to my hotel? Good luck with that.
No matter how well prepared you are, nothing complicates traveling like being unable to communicate. That's where our trustyTravel Phrases app comes in. (And, bonus, they're on sale right now! More below.)
Our free app for iPhone and iPad—featured in Apple's "New & Noteworthy" in 2012—lets you choose from 22 languages and over 400 phrases organized into simple categories, so you can quickly consult your phone the next time you're not sure how to say something. With a quick search and one tap you can even hear exactly how to pronounce the phrase. It eliminates the idea of spending a pretty penny and months of time taking language classes to prepare for a trip, letting you access what you need to know, when you need to know it. Best of all, it works offline, so you don't incur expensive roaming charges.
Get in on it soon—through Labor Day, Fodor's is having a summer sale on in-app purchases: an Individual Language Pack is just $.99 (regularly $2.99), while a Globe Trotter Bundle is $9.99 (regularly $19.99) and Other Language Bundles are $4.99 (regularly $9.99).
Paired with our newly expanded collection of free City Guide apps (including Austin, Las Vegas, Miami, New Orleans, Chicago, Amsterdam, and Seattle), you'll have the complete package. Download the Barcelona CityGuide and the Spanish Travel Phrases language pack, and you'll be roaming the twisty cobblestone alleys like a local in no time.
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
I use a free application https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hotels.car.rentals.flights.ukasoft on my phone. No credit card required to book a car rental. Book today, pay later at the counter!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Top 10 Places to Go for Spring 2015
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Washington State
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 6 Must-Have French Beauty Products
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Exchanging Your Money Abroad: 10 Simple Tips
- $1699 -- Luxe Turkey 11-Night, 7-City Escorted Trip w/AirGate 1 Travel
- $972* & up -- Flights to Galapagos from the U.S. (R/T)LAN
- $105 -- D.C.: Suite at Georgetown Hotel w/Parking, 50% OffGeorgetown Suites
- $77 & up -- Summer on Florida's Gulf Coast, up to 60% OffThe Beaches of Fort Myers-Sanibel
- $127 & up -- Florida: Suites at Beachfront Resort, Save 25%Pink Shell Resort & Marina
- $58 & up -- Myrtle Beach Hotel and Resort Spring SaleVisit Myrtle Beach