There are several ways that you and your family can experience the world of Disney beyond the theme parks. Taking a trip with Adventures by Disney, a group-tour program started in 2005, is one. The program is geared specifically to the needs of families, and, in 2010, will offer 19 excursions to destinations in Asia, the Pacific, Africa, Europe, and Latin and North America.
Trips include exclusive access to sights and local experts, lots of personal touches, and two Disney guides, who take care of all the details. This leaves you and your family free to immerse yourselves in local culture with experiences like:
- Going patriotic with private tours of Independence Hall in Philadelphia; monuments in Washington, D.C.; and all the sights of Colonial Williamsburg, VA.
- Riding a zip line or through a Costa Rican forest; whitewater rafting on a sylvan river; visiting a plantation to see how pineapples are harvested.
- Taking a private double-decker bus tour of London; receiving VIP treatment at a theatrical performance of The Lion King; zooming through the Channel Tunnel to Paris; and eating at the Eiffel Tower.
- Learning to make pasta in Tuscany and carnival masks in Venice; taking in Romeâ€™s top sights on private tours; creating a fresco in Florence.
- Exploring the Great Wall; touring Beijing by pedicab; learning Chinese calligraphy, kite-making, or tai-chi; visiting Disneyland Hong Kong.
Prices vary by trip. To ensure availability and the best rates, book as early as you can through your travel agent or AdventuresbyDisney.com, 877/728-7282.