Say 'I Do' At Denny's New Las Vegas Chapel
Last week Denny's— the all-American diner chain know for dishing up plates of eggs and fried potatoes 24/7— rolled out a new attraction. And it has nothing to do with food.
Engaged couples can now swap their heartfelt vows at the Denny's chapel in downtown Las Vegas (450 Fremont St.) once it opens later this year. Tucked into the brand-new 6,400-square-foot restaurant will be a chapel, as well as a full bar, an amenity not found in many of the 1,680 Denny's locations. Like all other Denny's locations, it will be open 24 hours.
Skewing away from tradition, the Denny's chapel will bake wedding cakes crafted from their famous Pancake Puppies, which are bite-sized round pancakes for the uninitiated. (To recap, that would mean the couple's wedding cake would be made of mini-round-pancakes.) Denny's will also give couples the opportunity to "announce" their wedding with a visit to a photo booth (stocked with Vegas-y props), where pictures can be shared on Facebook, Twitter, and the like.
The excitement doesn't stop there. This new Denny's restaurant is expected to make waves in the design world. James Wines, president and creative director of SITE Environmental Designs, known for the Shake Shack design concept in New York City's Madison Square Park, dreamt up the cutting-edge design which features the signature canary-yellow colors, but with a futuristic twist that can only belong in Vegas.
File this under "finally!"
Photo credit: Renderings provided by SITE
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $79 & up -- Myrtle Beach Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $149-$179 -- Palm Springs 4-Star Resort, 45% OffThe Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa
- $139 & up -- San Francisco Hotels on Sale, up to 40% OffSan Francisco Travel
- $1205 & up -- Big Island & Maui 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com
- $1399 -- Asia: 2-Week Celebrity Cruise w/$1000 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $989 & up -- Aruba Beach Vacations incl. AirAruba Tourism Authority