Say 'I Do' At Denny's New Las Vegas Chapel
Last week Denny's— the all-American diner chain know for dishing up plates of eggs and fried potatoes 24/7— rolled out a new attraction. And it has nothing to do with food.
Engaged couples can now swap their heartfelt vows at the Denny's chapel in downtown Las Vegas (450 Fremont St.) once it opens later this year. Tucked into the brand-new 6,400-square-foot restaurant will be a chapel, as well as a full bar, an amenity not found in many of the 1,680 Denny's locations. Like all other Denny's locations, it will be open 24 hours.
Skewing away from tradition, the Denny's chapel will bake wedding cakes crafted from their famous Pancake Puppies, which are bite-sized round pancakes for the uninitiated. (To recap, that would mean the couple's wedding cake would be made of mini-round-pancakes.) Denny's will also give couples the opportunity to "announce" their wedding with a visit to a photo booth (stocked with Vegas-y props), where pictures can be shared on Facebook, Twitter, and the like.
The excitement doesn't stop there. This new Denny's restaurant is expected to make waves in the design world. James Wines, president and creative director of SITE Environmental Designs, known for the Shake Shack design concept in New York City's Madison Square Park, dreamt up the cutting-edge design which features the signature canary-yellow colors, but with a futuristic twist that can only belong in Vegas.
File this under "finally!"
Photo credit: Renderings provided by SITE
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $849 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays