Cunard to Circumnavigate Australia in 2014
Back in 2010, Cunard announced that it would take its flagship Queen Mary 2 "Down Under" during its 2012 World Cruise. There was a flurry of bookings for the voyage dubbed the "Royal Circumnavigation of Australia." The 28 days that QM2 spent in Australian waters earlier this year were a resounding success, so Cunard is returning to the country in February 2014.
The 2,620-passenger Queen Mary 2, the largest cruise ship to ever call on Australia, will visit seven ports in the country—Freemantle, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Whitsundays, Darwin, and Adelaide—plus Bali, Indonesia.
Travelers can book one of four full circumnavigations, including a 22-day option from Fremantle departing on February 12 and 23-day voyages from Melbourne (February 17), Sydney (February 19), and Brisbane (February 21).
Pre-registration for these cruises is open now and the voyages officially go on sale on August 20. If you're interested, book now.
"When we announced Queen Mary 2's first circumnavigation back in 2010, we had a record number of bookings made with the first day. Cunard bookings from Australia surged again when she undertook the historic voyage earlier this year," noted Cunard president and managing director, Peter Shanks.
Cunard will release detailed information about the line's 2014 World Voyages program on August 20.
Photo courtesy of Cunard
You May Also Like
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Where to Go This Summer
- 4 Great Places to Stay Near Yellowstone National Park
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- The Beginner's Guide to Glamping
- Bangkok 101: What (and Where) to Eat
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- Summer 2013 Guide to New York City
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3152 & up -- Italy Luxury Trip w/Air & Rail between CitiesSceptre Tours
- $92 -- Cabo: All-Inclusive Beachfront Resort, Save 50%Hotel Riu Sante Fe
- $150 & Up -- Old Montreal 4-Diamond Hotel, 40% OffLe Westin Montreal
- $2999 & up -- Sydney & New Zealand 12-Nt Escape w/ToursDown Under Answers