Cunard to Circumnavigate Australia in 2014
Back in 2010, Cunard announced that it would take its flagship Queen Mary 2 "Down Under" during its 2012 World Cruise. There was a flurry of bookings for the voyage dubbed the "Royal Circumnavigation of Australia." The 28 days that QM2 spent in Australian waters earlier this year were a resounding success, so Cunard is returning to the country in February 2014.
The 2,620-passenger Queen Mary 2, the largest cruise ship to ever call on Australia, will visit seven ports in the country—Freemantle, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Whitsundays, Darwin, and Adelaide—plus Bali, Indonesia.
Travelers can book one of four full circumnavigations, including a 22-day option from Fremantle departing on February 12 and 23-day voyages from Melbourne (February 17), Sydney (February 19), and Brisbane (February 21).
Pre-registration for these cruises is open now and the voyages officially go on sale on August 20. If you're interested, book now.
"When we announced Queen Mary 2's first circumnavigation back in 2010, we had a record number of bookings made with the first day. Cunard bookings from Australia surged again when she undertook the historic voyage earlier this year," noted Cunard president and managing director, Peter Shanks.
Cunard will release detailed information about the line's 2014 World Voyages program on August 20.
Photo courtesy of Cunard
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in NYC
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- $149 & up -- Bahamas Long Weekend Cruises incl. NassauNorwegian Cruise Line
- $322 -- Maui Oceanfront 4-Star Resort, Save 30%The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali
- $156 & up -- 4-Star All-Incl. Costa Rica Resort w/TransfersBookIt.com
- $109* & up -- Premium Economy: Nationwide Fare Sale O/WVirgin America
- $299 & up -- Ends 1/31: Caribbean Cruises w/Choice of ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $589 & up -- Cabo: Riu Tropical Getaway w/Air, $420 OffCheapCaribbean.com