If you're going to San Francisco, be sure to check out some unique stores. While Alcatraz t-shirts, mini cable cars, and Ghirardelli chocolate are still shopping classics—here's some inspiration for more original mementos from the Bay Area.
1. Something from McEvoy Ranch's
body-care line, like their olive mud soap or their gardener's hand salve, all made with locally produced, organic olive oil.
2. A book published by City Lights
, like one of their new political dynamos or something old-school like Allen Ginsberg's evergreen Howl.
3. A Phthalates-free EarthLust stainless-steel water bottle overlaid with intricate graphics, of say, an owl, that you can stylishly sip from while climbing the hills, available at Spring
4. A cashmere weekender cardigan from Margaret O'Leary
—something to live in every Saturday.
5. A collectible bottle of California wine from K&L Wine Merchants
or a rare Armagnac from D&M Wines and Liquors
6. A striking porcelain tea and coffee service designed by the renowned chef Thomas Keller, found at Gump's
More on San Francisco
Photo Credit: Robert Holmes