Cool, Coastal Vive Hotel Opens on Waikiki Beach
In July, Vive Hotel Waikiki washed up on Waikiki Beach—Honolulu, O'ahu's main shopping and entertainment area—bringing lots of style. A casual coastal-chic décor means soothing light-yellow walls and framed shoreline photos in the guestrooms and suites.
Offering an intimate, boutique environment, the property on Kuhlo Avenue (one block from bustling Kalakaua Avenue) offers perks like free WiFi, complimentary continental breakfast in the lobby each morning, a dedicated concierge desk, and no-cost access to beach gear (Waikiki Beach is just two blocks away). Nearby restaurants, too, number in the dozens, serving everything from sushi made from locally caught fish to celebrity chef Alan Wong's regional Hawaiian cuisine at his namesake restaurant (Alan Wong's).
All 125 rooms and suites are located on floors seven through 22, which means beautiful views of the Pacific Ocean and Waikiki Beach's stunning coastline, the island's mountains, or nearby Diamond Head. In each of the three room categories—Cosmopolitan Queen Guestroom, Junior Suite (of which there are 20), and the Penthouse Suite (a three-bedroom spacious hideaway on the 22nd floor)—are mini-fridges, bathtubs, flat-screen hi-definition LED televisions, and workstations for a "home away from home" vibe.
To coincide with the hotel's opening, $189 nightly room rates are available through September 15, 2013 (for stays through October 31, 2013). Included with the "Check-In & Cash-In" package is a $25 American Express gift card for each night.
Kristine Hansen is a freelance writer based in Milwaukee where she reports on food, wine, and travel topics around the globe for Fodors.com, along with new-hotel openings. She also writes for Wine Enthusiast, TIME, Whole Living and American Way. In 2006 she co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Coffee and Tea (Alpha Books/Penguin). You can follow her on Twitter @kristineahansen or through her web site.
Photo credits: Courtesy of Vive Hotel
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- Top 10 Fall Trips for Food Lovers
- 10 Best Casino Restaurants in the World
- 11 Must-See Ch?teaux Outside Paris
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- World's Best Golf Resorts
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Long Weekend in Palenque, Mexico
- Top 5 New York City Activities for Teens
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $899 & up -- Hawaii: Weeklong Cruise to 4 IslandsNorwegian Cruise Line
- $93 & up -- Colorado: Aspen 4-Star Hotel, Reg. $399Westin Snowmass Resort
- $119 & up -- Weekends: Houston Hotel near Galleria, 45% OffThe Westin Galleria Houston
- $1299 -- Oceanview: South Pacific Cruise w/All Drinks & TipsCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $135 & up -- 4-Star Houston Hotel at the Galleria, Save 55%The Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria
- $1332 & up -- Iceland Vacation incl. Air & Northern LightsGreat Value Vacations