Cool, Coastal Vive Hotel Opens on Waikiki Beach
In July, Vive Hotel Waikiki washed up on Waikiki Beach—Honolulu, O'ahu's main shopping and entertainment area—bringing lots of style. A casual coastal-chic décor means soothing light-yellow walls and framed shoreline photos in the guestrooms and suites.
Offering an intimate, boutique environment, the property on Kuhlo Avenue (one block from bustling Kalakaua Avenue) offers perks like free WiFi, complimentary continental breakfast in the lobby each morning, a dedicated concierge desk, and no-cost access to beach gear (Waikiki Beach is just two blocks away). Nearby restaurants, too, number in the dozens, serving everything from sushi made from locally caught fish to celebrity chef Alan Wong's regional Hawaiian cuisine at his namesake restaurant (Alan Wong's).
All 125 rooms and suites are located on floors seven through 22, which means beautiful views of the Pacific Ocean and Waikiki Beach's stunning coastline, the island's mountains, or nearby Diamond Head. In each of the three room categories—Cosmopolitan Queen Guestroom, Junior Suite (of which there are 20), and the Penthouse Suite (a three-bedroom spacious hideaway on the 22nd floor)—are mini-fridges, bathtubs, flat-screen hi-definition LED televisions, and workstations for a "home away from home" vibe.
To coincide with the hotel's opening, $189 nightly room rates are available through September 15, 2013 (for stays through October 31, 2013). Included with the "Check-In & Cash-In" package is a $25 American Express gift card for each night.
Kristine Hansen is a freelance writer based in Milwaukee where she reports on food, wine, and travel topics around the globe for Fodors.com, along with new-hotel openings. She also writes for Wine Enthusiast, TIME, Whole Living and American Way. In 2006 she co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Coffee and Tea (Alpha Books/Penguin). You can follow her on Twitter @kristineahansen or through her web site.
Photo credits: Courtesy of Vive Hotel
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- Ultimate Safari Planner
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Venice's Ban on Cruise Ships: What it Means for You
- World's 10 Coolest Ice Hotels
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- America's Best Wine Bars
- 10 Best US Ski Resorts for Families
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1198-$1278* -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $1645 -- UAE: Dubai & Abu Dhabi 6-Night Vacation, $550 OffGoway Travel with Definitely Dubai & Abu Dhabi Tourism
- $229 & up -- Caribbean 7-Night Cruise; Kids Sail FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1739 -- Spring Sale: 7-Night Holland & Belgium River CruiseAvalon Waterways