Coming Soon: Vegas Food & Wine All-Star Weekend
Year number three for the Food & Wine All-Star Weekend should be known as the year of growth for this foodie festival. For the first time, the MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay, and the Mirage join the party with Aria and the Bellagio for the Oct. 5-7 event.
Food & Wine's Gail Simmons hosts the event that brings in the full roster of celebrity chefs from the resorts along with mixologists, all bringing interactive experiences.
The weekend starts with a Poolside All-Star Tasting at the Mirage Pool on Oct. 5 from 7 - 10 pm. Here, the lineup a chefs includes Michael Mina, Rick Moonen, and Julian Serrano.
Then comes a tag team event with Zolo Grill executive chef Brett Smith out of Boulder, Colo., and his brother and Bellagio's master sommelier Jason Smith dubbed Four Farms, Three Chefs, Two Brothers, One Table from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm on Oct. 6 on the Grand Patio at the Bellagio. The brothers plan to transform the patio into a farmhouse and create a dinner from seasonal ingredients from their favorite farms. Chef Royden Ellamar of Sensi at the Bellagio will be on hand to assist.
Chefs Claude Le-Tohic and Steve Benjamin of Joël Robuchon and L'Atelier de Joël Robuchon respectively show off how to create two of the Chef of the Century's signature dishes from 11 am to 1 pm, Oct. 6. Afterward, guests dine on a three-course lunch with wine pairings. All takes place at L'Atelier de Joël Robuchon at the MGM Grand.
Guests can learn how to create the perfect sushi roll during the Sushi Rolling Class & Sake Tasting from 11:30 am to 2 pm also on Oct. 6. Shibuya's executive chef Stephanie Chevet and master sushi chef Yoshinori Nakasawa lead the class at Shibuya at the MGM Grand along with sake sommelier Michael Humphrey.
Another event gives guests a chance to sip specialty cocktails and eat gourmet desserts with miX executive chef Bruno Riou and executive pastry chef Orady Ditgnavong. The tasting party takes place from 9 pm to 11 pm on Oct. 5 on the 64th floor of THEhotel at Mandalay Bay.
Over at Aria, guests can watch Michelin-starred chef Masa Takayama pair sashimi with champagnes in an event that promises from showcase Toro Caviar, chef Masa's signature dish. This event takes place from 3 to 4:30 pm, Oct. 6. at BarMasa at Aria.
And these are just a sampling of the events that take over the resorts that weekend. Tickets start at $50 all-inclusive.
Note: We'll be on the ground for this year's festival, so stay tuned for highlights!
You May Also Like
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Best Day Trips from Paris
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com