Coming Soon: Vegas Food & Wine All-Star Weekend
Year number three for the Food & Wine All-Star Weekend should be known as the year of growth for this foodie festival. For the first time, the MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay, and the Mirage join the party with Aria and the Bellagio for the Oct. 5-7 event.
Food & Wine's Gail Simmons hosts the event that brings in the full roster of celebrity chefs from the resorts along with mixologists, all bringing interactive experiences.
The weekend starts with a Poolside All-Star Tasting at the Mirage Pool on Oct. 5 from 7 - 10 pm. Here, the lineup a chefs includes Michael Mina, Rick Moonen, and Julian Serrano.
Then comes a tag team event with Zolo Grill executive chef Brett Smith out of Boulder, Colo., and his brother and Bellagio's master sommelier Jason Smith dubbed Four Farms, Three Chefs, Two Brothers, One Table from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm on Oct. 6 on the Grand Patio at the Bellagio. The brothers plan to transform the patio into a farmhouse and create a dinner from seasonal ingredients from their favorite farms. Chef Royden Ellamar of Sensi at the Bellagio will be on hand to assist.
Chefs Claude Le-Tohic and Steve Benjamin of Joël Robuchon and L'Atelier de Joël Robuchon respectively show off how to create two of the Chef of the Century's signature dishes from 11 am to 1 pm, Oct. 6. Afterward, guests dine on a three-course lunch with wine pairings. All takes place at L'Atelier de Joël Robuchon at the MGM Grand.
Guests can learn how to create the perfect sushi roll during the Sushi Rolling Class & Sake Tasting from 11:30 am to 2 pm also on Oct. 6. Shibuya's executive chef Stephanie Chevet and master sushi chef Yoshinori Nakasawa lead the class at Shibuya at the MGM Grand along with sake sommelier Michael Humphrey.
Another event gives guests a chance to sip specialty cocktails and eat gourmet desserts with miX executive chef Bruno Riou and executive pastry chef Orady Ditgnavong. The tasting party takes place from 9 pm to 11 pm on Oct. 5 on the 64th floor of THEhotel at Mandalay Bay.
Over at Aria, guests can watch Michelin-starred chef Masa Takayama pair sashimi with champagnes in an event that promises from showcase Toro Caviar, chef Masa's signature dish. This event takes place from 3 to 4:30 pm, Oct. 6. at BarMasa at Aria.
And these are just a sampling of the events that take over the resorts that weekend. Tickets start at $50 all-inclusive.
Note: We'll be on the ground for this year's festival, so stay tuned for highlights!
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $599 & up -- Western Caribbean 7-Nt. Cruise; Kids Sail FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $2799 -- 7-Night Luxury Tahiti Cruise on WindstarWindstar Cruises
- $1119 & up -- Oceanview: 7-Nt. Greek Isles Cruise, Save $330Royal Caribbean
- $1289 & up -- Honolulu: 4.5-Star Waikiki 5-Nt. Trip w/AirApple Vacations
- $719 & up -- 7-Night Canada & New England Cruise, $575 OffRoyal Caribbean
- $43 -- CA: Six Flags Magic Mountain Day Pass, Reg. $68Visit Santa Clarita