Chicago's Hotel Lincoln Offers Exclusive Fodors.com Deal
Imagine a cool, brisk autumn morning where, after sleeping in, you linger over lattes and pastries at Elaine's Coffee Call, which is your hotel's ground-floor café and a dead ringer for the Mad Men set with vintage furnishings and a rotary-dial phone collection perched above the espresso machine. Next, you stroll across the street to Chicago's renowned and huge farmers' market, Green City Market (held Wednesday and Saturday in Lincoln Park).
This is exactly what Hotel Lincoln, the first boutique hotel in Chicago's trendy and affluent Lincoln Park, wants you to experience with an exclusive deal for Fodors.com readers. They're just two miles north of downtown and close to a lot of attractions, including Lake Michigan, the neighborhood's namesake Lincoln Park (which houses Lincoln Park Zoo, Chicago History Museum, the Alfred Caldwell lily pond, and the Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum), as well as unique shops, cafes, and restaurants. Second City and Steppenwolf Theatre Co. are just a few minutes away by taxi.
With an eclectic look that is a modern yet preppy, uptake on the Mad Men era, each of the 184 rooms (in five room categories, some with views of Lincoln Park) at Hotel Lincoln sports hounds-tooth curtains, vintage photos of Chicago, and plant-based toiletries from Lather Modern Apothecary, along with original art from local artists. (Be sure to journey up the stairwell behind the front desk: its red walls are filled with dozens of framed pieces of art, from needlepoint to watercolor for an upmarket '70s look.) On the hotel's 13th floor is The J. Parker, Chicago's largest rooftop restaurant and bar, specializing in comfort food with a create-a-plate concept (meat loaf, crispy grit cake, fried pickles, farm-fresh chevre, and chocolate-chip cookies are some of your choices). Each morning the gorgeous space, with bird's-eye views of Chicago converts into a plein-air yoga studio with guided instruction.
At night, choose bar stool or sectional sofa and test-drive mixologist Erin Hayes' current global focus. Each month she shifts her attention to a new corner of the world. Perennial Virant crafts artisan cocktails and farm-to-table dinners on the hotel's ground floor. Chef Paul Virant—he's also chef at the Michelin-starred Vie in suburban Chicago—serves plates like caramelized egg and sweet-pea ravioli or braised oxtail with sweet corn and pickled cherry-bomb peppers with organic crème fraiche.
Fodor's readers get 20 percent off Hotel Lincoln's Farm-to-Room package (starts at $149 per night), which includes a complimentary Hotel Lincoln tote bag as well as a $50 food and beverage credit to redeem for in-room dining or at Perennial Virant. Five bucks from each reservation is donated to Green City Market in guests' names. The deal is valid for stays through March 31, 2013, so long as they are booked during the month of September.
Photos courtesy of Hotel Lincoln
You May Also Like
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
This hotel is in a great location. We stayed here about 2 years ago and enjoyed a lot of the downtown nightlife.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- 4 Perfect Japan Itineraries
- NYC's Best New Outdoor Watering Holes
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
- The Ultimate Packing Guide for Europe
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1363* & up -- Premium Economy to London, R/TBritish Airways
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $985 & up -- Panama: 7-Nt. City, Jungle & Beach Tour w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail HikingLatinEscapes.com