Chicago's Hotel Lincoln Offers Exclusive Fodors.com Deal
Imagine a cool, brisk autumn morning where, after sleeping in, you linger over lattes and pastries at Elaine's Coffee Call, which is your hotel's ground-floor café and a dead ringer for the Mad Men set with vintage furnishings and a rotary-dial phone collection perched above the espresso machine. Next, you stroll across the street to Chicago's renowned and huge farmers' market, Green City Market (held Wednesday and Saturday in Lincoln Park).
This is exactly what Hotel Lincoln, the first boutique hotel in Chicago's trendy and affluent Lincoln Park, wants you to experience with an exclusive deal for Fodors.com readers. They're just two miles north of downtown and close to a lot of attractions, including Lake Michigan, the neighborhood's namesake Lincoln Park (which houses Lincoln Park Zoo, Chicago History Museum, the Alfred Caldwell lily pond, and the Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum), as well as unique shops, cafes, and restaurants. Second City and Steppenwolf Theatre Co. are just a few minutes away by taxi.
With an eclectic look that is a modern yet preppy, uptake on the Mad Men era, each of the 184 rooms (in five room categories, some with views of Lincoln Park) at Hotel Lincoln sports hounds-tooth curtains, vintage photos of Chicago, and plant-based toiletries from Lather Modern Apothecary, along with original art from local artists. (Be sure to journey up the stairwell behind the front desk: its red walls are filled with dozens of framed pieces of art, from needlepoint to watercolor for an upmarket '70s look.) On the hotel's 13th floor is The J. Parker, Chicago's largest rooftop restaurant and bar, specializing in comfort food with a create-a-plate concept (meat loaf, crispy grit cake, fried pickles, farm-fresh chevre, and chocolate-chip cookies are some of your choices). Each morning the gorgeous space, with bird's-eye views of Chicago converts into a plein-air yoga studio with guided instruction.
At night, choose bar stool or sectional sofa and test-drive mixologist Erin Hayes' current global focus. Each month she shifts her attention to a new corner of the world. Perennial Virant crafts artisan cocktails and farm-to-table dinners on the hotel's ground floor. Chef Paul Virant—he's also chef at the Michelin-starred Vie in suburban Chicago—serves plates like caramelized egg and sweet-pea ravioli or braised oxtail with sweet corn and pickled cherry-bomb peppers with organic crème fraiche.
Fodor's readers get 20 percent off Hotel Lincoln's Farm-to-Room package (starts at $149 per night), which includes a complimentary Hotel Lincoln tote bag as well as a $50 food and beverage credit to redeem for in-room dining or at Perennial Virant. Five bucks from each reservation is donated to Green City Market in guests' names. The deal is valid for stays through March 31, 2013, so long as they are booked during the month of September.
Photos courtesy of Hotel Lincoln
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
This hotel is in a great location. We stayed here about 2 years ago and enjoyed a lot of the downtown nightlife.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Legendary Hotels Around the World
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $599 & up -- Western Caribbean 7-Nt. Cruise; Kids Sail FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $629 -- Balcony: 7 Night Cruise to Jamaica, Bahamas & MexicoMSC Cruises
- $1159 & up -- Balcony on Weeklong Fjords of Norway CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $1397 & up -- Ireland in Summer: 7-Nt. Vacation w/Air & CarGreat Value Vacations
- $208-- Miami: New Luxury South Beach Hotel, Reg. $449The Redbury, South Beach
- $143 & up -- San Francisco Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago