CheapOair.com Challenges Budget Travelers
Think you're a budget savvy traveler? Well, get on your webcam or grab your video camera, because CheapOair.com will pay you to prove it. As part of their Traveler of the Year contest, CheapOair is accepting submissions of three to five-minute videos from travelers through August 19th. Use your video to demonstrate "creativity, travel experience, and screen presence." Voters will view your video and two finalists will be chosen to spend 30 days and $7,500 exploring China or India with a friend.
The two finalists will post videos of their experience, as well as photos, articles, and social media posts detailing their experience and advice for travel on a budget. After 30 days, the finalists will be judged on one last overall video, and the winner gets $5,000 of free travel with CheapOair.
It's not often you come across a competition where the grand prize itself is almost secondary. Spending a month in either of these countries for $7,500 certainly presents a challenge, but, hey, there a worse ways to kill a month.
The initial video should showcase your travel experience, and the brand has listed several topics including a tour of your favorite destination or city, advice for budget-friendly travel, the unique influence of a foreign culture in your life, or footage from your globe-trotting adventures. See site for more details.
Not available to visit China or India this year? Well, you can indulge in some vicarious viewing by following finalists on Facebook, Twitter, and on CheapOair's blog and website.
Photo credit: Street food vendors in Beijing via Shutterstock
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- New All-Inclusive Resort Azul Sensatori Jamaica Opens in Negril
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- $229 & up -- 7-Nt. Caribbean Cruises incl. Extras & UpgradesNorwegian Cruise Line
- $549 & up -- Mexico Riviera Cruises w/Upgrades & ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $235 & up -- 4-Star Kauai Resort w/Two-for-One BreakfastSheraton Kauai Resort
- $419 & up -- Pacific Coast 5-Night Cruise to VancouverNorwegian Cruise Line
- $199-$239 -- Oahu: Waikiki 4-Star Resort, 60% OffHilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort
- $72 & up -- Portland Hotel Deals up to 55% OffTravel Portland