CheapOair.com Challenges Budget Travelers
Think you're a budget savvy traveler? Well, get on your webcam or grab your video camera, because CheapOair.com will pay you to prove it. As part of their Traveler of the Year contest, CheapOair is accepting submissions of three to five-minute videos from travelers through August 19th. Use your video to demonstrate "creativity, travel experience, and screen presence." Voters will view your video and two finalists will be chosen to spend 30 days and $7,500 exploring China or India with a friend.
The two finalists will post videos of their experience, as well as photos, articles, and social media posts detailing their experience and advice for travel on a budget. After 30 days, the finalists will be judged on one last overall video, and the winner gets $5,000 of free travel with CheapOair.
It's not often you come across a competition where the grand prize itself is almost secondary. Spending a month in either of these countries for $7,500 certainly presents a challenge, but, hey, there a worse ways to kill a month.
The initial video should showcase your travel experience, and the brand has listed several topics including a tour of your favorite destination or city, advice for budget-friendly travel, the unique influence of a foreign culture in your life, or footage from your globe-trotting adventures. See site for more details.
Not available to visit China or India this year? Well, you can indulge in some vicarious viewing by following finalists on Facebook, Twitter, and on CheapOair's blog and website.
Photo credit: Street food vendors in Beijing via Shutterstock
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 US Islands Where You Can Beat the Winter Blues
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- 10 Great Spots in Paris with a Literary History
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- Where to Eat at This Year's SXSW Festival
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $2399 & up -- Luxury European Cruises incl. Free HotelWindstar Cruises
- $1159 & up -- Balcony on Weeklong Fjords of Norway CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $109 & up -- New York City Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $615 & up -- Maui 3-Nt. Beachfront Trips w/Air & Car RentalPleasant Holidays
- $45 & up -- Las Vegas Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $65 & up -- Barbados Travel Deals thru Summer, up to 60% OffBarbados Tourism Authority