CheapOair.com Challenges Budget Travelers
Think you're a budget savvy traveler? Well, get on your webcam or grab your video camera, because CheapOair.com will pay you to prove it. As part of their Traveler of the Year contest, CheapOair is accepting submissions of three to five-minute videos from travelers through August 19th. Use your video to demonstrate "creativity, travel experience, and screen presence." Voters will view your video and two finalists will be chosen to spend 30 days and $7,500 exploring China or India with a friend.
The two finalists will post videos of their experience, as well as photos, articles, and social media posts detailing their experience and advice for travel on a budget. After 30 days, the finalists will be judged on one last overall video, and the winner gets $5,000 of free travel with CheapOair.
It's not often you come across a competition where the grand prize itself is almost secondary. Spending a month in either of these countries for $7,500 certainly presents a challenge, but, hey, there a worse ways to kill a month.
The initial video should showcase your travel experience, and the brand has listed several topics including a tour of your favorite destination or city, advice for budget-friendly travel, the unique influence of a foreign culture in your life, or footage from your globe-trotting adventures. See site for more details.
Not available to visit China or India this year? Well, you can indulge in some vicarious viewing by following finalists on Facebook, Twitter, and on CheapOair's blog and website.
Photo credit: Street food vendors in Beijing via Shutterstock
You May Also Like
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Where to Go This Summer
- 4 Great Places to Stay Near Yellowstone National Park
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- The Beginner's Guide to Glamping
- Bangkok 101: What (and Where) to Eat
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- Summer 2013 Guide to New York City
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3152 & up -- Italy Luxury Trip w/Air & Rail between CitiesSceptre Tours
- $92 -- Cabo: All-Inclusive Beachfront Resort, Save 50%Hotel Riu Sante Fe
- $150 & Up -- Old Montreal 4-Diamond Hotel, 40% OffLe Westin Montreal
- $2999 & up -- Sydney & New Zealand 12-Nt Escape w/ToursDown Under Answers