CheapOair.com Challenges Budget Travelers
Think you're a budget savvy traveler? Well, get on your webcam or grab your video camera, because CheapOair.com will pay you to prove it. As part of their Traveler of the Year contest, CheapOair is accepting submissions of three to five-minute videos from travelers through August 19th. Use your video to demonstrate "creativity, travel experience, and screen presence." Voters will view your video and two finalists will be chosen to spend 30 days and $7,500 exploring China or India with a friend.
The two finalists will post videos of their experience, as well as photos, articles, and social media posts detailing their experience and advice for travel on a budget. After 30 days, the finalists will be judged on one last overall video, and the winner gets $5,000 of free travel with CheapOair.
It's not often you come across a competition where the grand prize itself is almost secondary. Spending a month in either of these countries for $7,500 certainly presents a challenge, but, hey, there a worse ways to kill a month.
The initial video should showcase your travel experience, and the brand has listed several topics including a tour of your favorite destination or city, advice for budget-friendly travel, the unique influence of a foreign culture in your life, or footage from your globe-trotting adventures. See site for more details.
Not available to visit China or India this year? Well, you can indulge in some vicarious viewing by following finalists on Facebook, Twitter, and on CheapOair's blog and website.
Photo credit: Street food vendors in Beijing via Shutterstock
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2014: The Best Travel Deals
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 15 Under-the-Radar Vacation Destinations
- 10 Places to Go This Winter
- How to Use the Internet to Find the Best Airplane Seats
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- $1761 & up -- Costa Rica 7-Nt. Eco-Adventure w/Air & ToursGreat Value Vacations
- $1499 -- Asia 14-Night Cruise w/Drinks, Tips & $200 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $1529* & up -- Premium Economy Fares to Paris (Roundtrip)Air France
- $53 & up -- Hotels in Mesa, Arizona up to 45% offVisit Mesa
- $128-$136 -- Maine: Downtown Portland Hotel, 30% OffThe Westin Portland Harborview
- $66-$74 -- Vegas: New 4-Star Resort on The Strip, 25% OffSLS Las Vegas