Celebrity Cruises Opens Pop-Up Food Truck in Southern California
Celebrity Cruises continues to be an innovator both at sea onboard its fleet of 11 ships as well as on land. The cruise line has continually brainstormed unique ways to bring a little bit of the Celebrity experience to landlubbers. You might recall hearing about Celebrity's pop-up restaurant experiences in Manhattan earlier this year and in San Francisco last fall.
This August, Southern Californians in Los Angeles, Palm Springs, and Orange County can learn more about cruising with Celebrity by attending one of the stops on the "A Taste of Modern Luxury Culinary & Spa Tour."
Celebrity plans to pop up across Southern California with a food truck and spa team. Just step up to the truck and sample delicacies you would find onboard. Gourmet cuisine from Celebrity Cruises' signature restaurants—Qsine, Tuscan Grille, Bistro on Five, The Porch, and Grand Epernay—will be served. If the sample isn't enough, purchase a complete lunch with 50% of proceeds going to charity.
Celebrity AquaSpa specialists will also be at the events offering free neck and shoulder massages. And if that's not enough, all tour participants can enter to win a Celebrity cruise for two.
Celebrity Cruise's Director of Sales, Scott Clifton, says he looks forward to seeing how people react to the tour. "Our goal with this tour is to give potential guests a more enhanced Celebrity experience by elevating our offerings to include some of our most popular onboard cuisine and special treats, including massages and custom-blended grilling spices from our industry-first barbecue restaurant called The Lawn Club Grill."
Andrea M. Rotondo is a freelance writer based in New York City. She covers cruise news and luxury travel trends for Fodors.com and writes for a variety of outlets, including her website Luxury Travel Mavens. Follow her on Twitter: @luxtravelmavens.
Photo credit: Photos courtesy of Celebrity Cruises
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $849 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays