Celebrity Cruises Opens Pop-Up Food Truck in Southern California
Celebrity Cruises continues to be an innovator both at sea onboard its fleet of 11 ships as well as on land. The cruise line has continually brainstormed unique ways to bring a little bit of the Celebrity experience to landlubbers. You might recall hearing about Celebrity's pop-up restaurant experiences in Manhattan earlier this year and in San Francisco last fall.
This August, Southern Californians in Los Angeles, Palm Springs, and Orange County can learn more about cruising with Celebrity by attending one of the stops on the "A Taste of Modern Luxury Culinary & Spa Tour."
Celebrity plans to pop up across Southern California with a food truck and spa team. Just step up to the truck and sample delicacies you would find onboard. Gourmet cuisine from Celebrity Cruises' signature restaurants—Qsine, Tuscan Grille, Bistro on Five, The Porch, and Grand Epernay—will be served. If the sample isn't enough, purchase a complete lunch with 50% of proceeds going to charity.
Celebrity AquaSpa specialists will also be at the events offering free neck and shoulder massages. And if that's not enough, all tour participants can enter to win a Celebrity cruise for two.
Celebrity Cruise's Director of Sales, Scott Clifton, says he looks forward to seeing how people react to the tour. "Our goal with this tour is to give potential guests a more enhanced Celebrity experience by elevating our offerings to include some of our most popular onboard cuisine and special treats, including massages and custom-blended grilling spices from our industry-first barbecue restaurant called The Lawn Club Grill."
Andrea M. Rotondo is a freelance writer based in New York City. She covers cruise news and luxury travel trends for Fodors.com and writes for a variety of outlets, including her website Luxury Travel Mavens. Follow her on Twitter: @luxtravelmavens.
Photo credit: Photos courtesy of Celebrity Cruises
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Legendary Hotels Around the World
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $2498 -- Upscale Bahamas & Bermuda Cruise incl. R/T AirfareOceania Cruises
- $529 & up -- 8-Day Alaska Cruise incl. Glacier BayCarnival Cruise Lines
- $649 & up -- Jamaica 4-Nt. All-Incl. Luxury Escape, Half OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $349 -- Cruise from US to Europe w/Upgrades; Kids Sail FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $63 & up -- NorCal: Sonoma County Hotel Sale, up to 50% OffSonoma County Tourism
- $897* -- Fly to Exotic Cook Islands from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand