Celebrity Cruises Introduces Mobile Gambling
When most people think about cruise ship gambling, they inevitably call to mind the dimly light casino with its banks of one-armed bandits and plush gaming tables. Well, Celebrity Cruises and Cantor Gaming are about to crush your preconceived notions of gambling at sea. Together they are bringing the first mobile casino gaming solution to the cruise industry.
Yes, you read that right. You'll soon be able to download an app to your Apple or Android phone or tablet that will allow you play slots, table games, and video poker—anywhere aboard select Celebrity ships. Think of the possibilities: a hand of poker by the pool, slots on your stateroom balcony, or a game of roulette on the Lawn Club.
Those are the experiences you'll have in the coming months aboard all of Celebrity's Solstice-class ships (Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse, Silhouette, and Reflection) as well as on its four recently "Solsticized" Millennium-class vessels (Constellation, Infinity, Millennium, and Summit).
It's easy. Just download the free Cantor Mobile Casino app via the shipboard WiFi network. Then, head to the ship's casino desk to create and fund a "virtual wallet." Voila. You'll then be able to play a variety of casino games anywhere on the ship as long as it's in international waters.
Don't worry if you don't have a smart phone or tablet. Celebrity Cruises isn't changing a thing in regards to its traditional onboard casinos. You'll still be able to play games like blackjack, roulette, and poker (including Texas Hold 'Em). Games like baccarat and Let It Ride are also available by request on some ships.
Andrea M. Rotondo is a freelance writer based in New York City. She covers cruise news and luxury travel trends for Fodors.com and writes for a variety of outlets, including her website Luxury Travel Mavens. Follow her on Twitter: @luxtravelmavens.
Photo credit: Photos courtesy of Cantor Gaming and Celebrity Cruises
Member Comments (2) Post a Comment
Govt should take an action against celebrity those are invloved in mobile gambling.
Celebrity Cruises has a dart of 11 Award - winning ships that have been consistently ranked amongst the very best in the world cruises. These elegant and sophisticated ships are definitely the recognizing cruisers choice when it comes to choosing cruise.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 10 Best Outdoor Music Venues in the U.S.
- World's Most Unique Dining Experiences
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- $89 -- Orlando Hotel w/Breakfast and Upgrade, 50% OffBest Western Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel
- $129-$189 -- Cleveland: New 4-Star Hotel Downtown, 40% OffThe Westin Cleveland Downtown
- $249 & up -- 4-Star Hilton Head Island Resort, Save 40%The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa
- $79 & up -- New Hampshire Hotel Deals, up to 40% OffWaterville Valley Resort Association
- $499 & up -- Caribbean 5-Nt. All-Incl. Trip w/Air, Save $600CheapCaribbean.com
- $179 & up -- 3-Day Cruise to the Bahamas on CarnivalCarnival Cruise Line