Celebrity Cruises Introduces Mobile Gambling
When most people think about cruise ship gambling, they inevitably call to mind the dimly light casino with its banks of one-armed bandits and plush gaming tables. Well, Celebrity Cruises and Cantor Gaming are about to crush your preconceived notions of gambling at sea. Together they are bringing the first mobile casino gaming solution to the cruise industry.
Yes, you read that right. You'll soon be able to download an app to your Apple or Android phone or tablet that will allow you play slots, table games, and video poker—anywhere aboard select Celebrity ships. Think of the possibilities: a hand of poker by the pool, slots on your stateroom balcony, or a game of roulette on the Lawn Club.
Those are the experiences you'll have in the coming months aboard all of Celebrity's Solstice-class ships (Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse, Silhouette, and Reflection) as well as on its four recently "Solsticized" Millennium-class vessels (Constellation, Infinity, Millennium, and Summit).
It's easy. Just download the free Cantor Mobile Casino app via the shipboard WiFi network. Then, head to the ship's casino desk to create and fund a "virtual wallet." Voila. You'll then be able to play a variety of casino games anywhere on the ship as long as it's in international waters.
Don't worry if you don't have a smart phone or tablet. Celebrity Cruises isn't changing a thing in regards to its traditional onboard casinos. You'll still be able to play games like blackjack, roulette, and poker (including Texas Hold 'Em). Games like baccarat and Let It Ride are also available by request on some ships.
Andrea M. Rotondo is a freelance writer based in New York City. She covers cruise news and luxury travel trends for Fodors.com and writes for a variety of outlets, including her website Luxury Travel Mavens. Follow her on Twitter: @luxtravelmavens.
Photo credit: Photos courtesy of Cantor Gaming and Celebrity Cruises
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
Celebrity Cruises has a dart of 11 Award - winning ships that have been consistently ranked amongst the very best in the world cruises. These elegant and sophisticated ships are definitely the recognizing cruisers choice when it comes to choosing cruise.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now | Fodor's
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- $110 & up -- Southwest Florida 4-Diamond Resort, Save 65%The Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village
- $99 & up -- Sonoma County Hotel Sale, up to 50% OffSonoma County Tourism
- $109 & up -- Puerto Rico: Old Town San Juan HotelSheraton Old San Juan
- $119-$159 -- 4-Star Houston Hotel at the Galleria, Save 55%The Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria
- $20 & up -- Arizona: Lake, Grand Canyon & Sedona ToursVisit Mesa
- $3084* & up -- Premium Economy to New Zealand from LA, R/TAir New Zealand