Celebrity Cruises Debuts Pop-Up Restaurant in San Francisco
San Franciscans are in for a treat in November when Celebrity Cruises comes to town on November 14 and 15 with its pop-up restaurant. The cruise line will take over Stable Café on Folsom Street for two days in the hopes of encouraging foodies to try the line's award-winning "from-scratch" menus.
Celebrity was the first cruise line to prepare dinner at the famed James Beard House in New York City, which gave way to the idea to showcase the culinary talents of their chefs in other land-based locations.
Chef John Suley, Celebrity's director of culinary operations, is keeping the menu under wraps, but says it will include unexpected flavors, delicate textures, and of-the-moment culinary techniques. "Most people would not expect a cruise line to create a pop-up-style restaurant experience on land, or for that experience to offer such an avant-garde menu," Suley admits. "We will use a diverse range of techniques to offer guests a menu full of contrasts that harmonize with each other—with a special focus on local ingredients that celebrate the San Francisco area."
Reservations are limited, so book early. Lunch will be served during two seatings at 12:30 and 1pm and dinner reservations are available at 6, 6:30, 8, and 8:30 pm. Celebrity's pop-up restaurant will only be in town on November 14 and 15, 2012. Tickets are available online and proceeds go to the Celebrity Cruises Scholarship at The Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, New York, where Chef Suley graduated in 1996.
Diners will be entered to wine a seven-night Alaska cruise for two aboard Celebrity Solstice in 2013.
Photo courtesy of Celebrity Cruises
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $139 & up -- San Francisco Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $129 & up -- New Orleans Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $169-$179 -- Colorado: Top-Rated Steamboat Springs ResortSheraton Steamboat Springs
- $65 & up -- Barbados Travel Deals thru Summer, up to 60% OffBarbados Tourism Authority
- $379 & up -- Exotic Canary Islands & Morocco Cruise w/ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $99 & up -- Weekends at Downtown Memphis Hotel, Save 50%Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel