Celebrity Cruises Debuts Pop-Up Restaurant in San Francisco
San Franciscans are in for a treat in November when Celebrity Cruises comes to town on November 14 and 15 with its pop-up restaurant. The cruise line will take over Stable Café on Folsom Street for two days in the hopes of encouraging foodies to try the line's award-winning "from-scratch" menus.
Celebrity was the first cruise line to prepare dinner at the famed James Beard House in New York City, which gave way to the idea to showcase the culinary talents of their chefs in other land-based locations.
Chef John Suley, Celebrity's director of culinary operations, is keeping the menu under wraps, but says it will include unexpected flavors, delicate textures, and of-the-moment culinary techniques. "Most people would not expect a cruise line to create a pop-up-style restaurant experience on land, or for that experience to offer such an avant-garde menu," Suley admits. "We will use a diverse range of techniques to offer guests a menu full of contrasts that harmonize with each other—with a special focus on local ingredients that celebrate the San Francisco area."
Reservations are limited, so book early. Lunch will be served during two seatings at 12:30 and 1pm and dinner reservations are available at 6, 6:30, 8, and 8:30 pm. Celebrity's pop-up restaurant will only be in town on November 14 and 15, 2012. Tickets are available online and proceeds go to the Celebrity Cruises Scholarship at The Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, New York, where Chef Suley graduated in 1996.
Diners will be entered to wine a seven-night Alaska cruise for two aboard Celebrity Solstice in 2013.
Photo courtesy of Celebrity Cruises
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places Where Summer Lasts Longer
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- America's Best Oktoberfests
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- $209 & up -- Boston: 4-Star Hotel incl. $100 Spa CreditSheraton Boston
- $999 & up -- Hawaii: Weeklong Cruise to 4 IslandsNorwegian Cruise Line
- $803* & up -- Fly to Brazil from the U.S. (Roundtrip)TAM Airlines
- $99 & up -- Virginia: 4-Star Resort Deals in Fall, Save 45%Virginia Tourism
- $1447 & up -- London 4-Nt. Vacation w/Tour, Breakfasts & AirGreat Value Vacations
- $855* & up -- Global Sale on 5-Star Airline, R/T incl. TaxQatar Airways