What it's Like: Christmas Celeb-Spotting in LA
'Tis the season for holiday-style celeb spotting! From choosing a Tannenbaum in Tinseltown to plopping onto Santa's Lap (with the paparazzi not far behind), the holidays in Hollywood look a little different.
Tons of stars are on hand across the city to help sprinkle a little glitzy holiday cheer each year. So we took it on ourselves to round up the celebrity-approved holiday spots around La-La-Land.
Mr. Greentrees Christmas Tree Lot
Stars—they're just like us. They like to pick out their own fragrant fir from the lot down the street, too. And Mr. Greentrees is the go-to destination for bold-faced balsam in Los Angeles. Famous tree huggers browsing at Christmastime include Heidi Klum, Christina Aguilera, Mark Wahlberg, Tori Spelling, and Brian Austin Green...along with their wee ones. (Mr. Greentrees also doubles as Mr. Bones pumpkin-patch-cum-celeb-magnet each October.) Drop by to pick up your celeb-approved evergreen boughs.
Santa's Cottage at The Grove
Which A-listers made the naughty and nice list this year? Ask Santa himself at The Grove, where snow falls each night at 7 pm and 8 pm and where LA's tiniest tots line up to whisper wishes in the jolly old elf's ear. Celebrities like Will and Jada Pinkett Smith, Mario Lopez, Victoria's Secret Model Alessandra Ambrosio, Fred Savage, and Heidi Klum (she gets around during the holidays!) have all sent their precious progeny to Santa's Cottage. And the puppy paparazzi are hot on the trail of famous hounds who walk Santa's Red Carpet on Pet Night each Tuesday. Yes, this is real life.
Starbucks in the Pacific Palisades
Who's sipping that red cup of peppermint mocha behind a baseball cap and shades? It could be anyone from Tom and Rita Hanks to Matthew McConaughey and Kate Beckinsale. This Starbucks (and its sister location, a few blocks away at 7th Street and Montana Avenue in Santa Monica) is the bean joint of choice for local celebs swarming the exclusive neighborhood. Order yourself a venti cup of famous with an add shot of holiday cheer.
The Brentwood Country Mart
No celebrity winter would be complete without shopping for fabulous stocking stuffers and wintery treats. The old-fashioned-on-purpose Brentwood Country Mart is a mecca for neighborhood stars like Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner, Reese Witherspoon, Judd Apatow, and the Spielberg clan. You can spy them looking for tyke treats at Toy Crazy, hunting for custom holiday cards from Sugar Paper, and snagging seasonal treats from Farmshop.
Jessica Nail Clinic
The glitterati love to deck their nails with boughs of holly, dreidels of clay, and men of snow. The hottest spot for holiday mani-pedis worthy of Variety coverage? Jessica's Nail Clinic—a surprisingly un-glam salon on Sunset Boulevard. Celeb clients include Madonna, Demi Moore, Ellen DeGeneres, Jessica Alba, and Jessica Simpson. Pick your color, grab a seat, and opt for the QuickDry so you can keep taking stealth pictures with your iPhone.
So...there you have it. The holidays in LA are an even harder time of year to dodge the paparazzi.
Photo credit: Winter in Los Angeles via Shutterstock
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $125 & up -- Philadelphia Area Hotel Sale w/Parking, 45% OffStarwood Hotels and Resorts
- $180 & up -- 4-Star San Diego Waterfront Resort, 50% OffBookIt.com
- $772* & up -- Nationwide Winter Fares to Europe, RoundtripAir France
- $188-$229 -- 4-Star Downtown Indianapolis Hotel, 35% OffThe Westin Indianapolis
- $119-$159 -- Downtown Memphis Hotel, Save 35%Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel
- $309 & up -- Fort Myers Resort near Sanibel Island, 25% OffSanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa