Carnival Revamps Its Wedding Program
If you decide to get married on a Carnival cruise ship, you'll never have to worry about getting to the church on time: A professional wedding planner will be with you every step of the way, from the initial planning to the execution of the ceremony and reception. In fact, Carnival Cruise Lines has recently revamped its entire wedding program; now, in addition to a planner, you’ll find new upgrades in just about all aspects from floral arrangements and décor to photography packages and on-island ceremony locations.
Carnival is already a leader in the destination-wedding field, as the line presides over more than 2,600 ceremonies per year. Couples can choose to marry aboard the ship on embarkation day or in a gorgeous port of call like Grand Turk, Freeport, Barbados, Grand Cayman, St. Thomas, and Half Moon Cay (a private island in the Bahamas).
Here are the five wedding packages you can select from:
Just You & Me
Guest count: This package maxes out at eight people.
Includes: Wedding ceremony, bouquet and boutonniere, tiered wedding cake with keepsake wedding topper, champagne toast with keepsake flutes, photography services, decorated wedding aisle, pre-recorded music, and officiant.
Fee: Starting at $1,355.
Time to Celebrate
Guest count: Price based on 20 guests.
Includes: Everything in the "Just You & Me" package plus a one-hour reception with open bar, hot and cold hors d’oeuvres, and coffee and tea.
Fee: Starting at $1,795.
Time to Celebrate…Big!
Guest count: Price based on 20 guests.
Includes: Everything in the "Just You & Me" package plus a 90-minute reception with open bar with hot and cold hors d’oeuvres, and a custom-designed ice carving.
Fee: Starting at $1,975.
Let Us Serve You
Guest count: Minimum of eight guests.
Includes: Everything in the "Just You & Me" package plus a full-service dining room luncheon with a four-course menu and open-pour wine.
Fee: Starting at $1,595.
Guest count: No minimum.
Includes: A ceremony performed at an exotic island location plus complimentary round-trip transportation to the site.
Fee: Starting at $1,385.
There are all sorts of extras you can arrange for an additional fee, including customized music and videography services. One additional perk to note: Carnival offers priority check-in and boarding for the bride and groom and all of their wedding guests. And for couples who’d like to renew their vows, the ship’s captain performs the ceremonies.
Andrea M. Rotondo is a freelance writer based in New York City. She covers cruise news and luxury travel trends for Fodors.com and writes for a variety of outlets, including her website Luxury Travel Mavens. Follow her on Twitter: @luxtravelmavens.
Photo Credit: Courtesy of Carnival Cruise Lines.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- World's 10 Best Trips for Wine Lovers
- 20 Gorgeous Seaside Towns in Italy
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- Romantic Getaway: Long Weekend in San Juan
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 5 Best Perks of Flying in Premium Economy
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $599 -- Balcony: Caribbean 7-Night Cruise incl. $150 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $1019 & up -- Iberostar: Cozumel All-Incl. Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $1301 & up -- Ireland in Fall: 8-Nt. Trip w/Car from BostonGreat Value Vacations
- $69 & up -- Las Vegas Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $169 & up -- Weekend Cruise to Baja Mexico on CarnivalCarnival Cruise Lines
- $529 & up -- Ends 4/25: Canada & New England Cruise w/CreditNorwegian Cruise Line