Carnival Cruises Develops New Dining Concepts
Many cruise ships focus their energies on specialty restaurants, but Carnival Cruises has renewed its effort in developing forward-thinking menus for its complimentary main dining experience. That's not to say that Carnival doesn't offer some pretty special dining experiences—like Chef's Table—that do come with a supplemental price tag, but the line wants guests to know that an incredible amount of attention to detail is also put into the menus for its main dining rooms across the fleet.
Two new concepts—American TABLE and American FEAST—will debut aboard the December 8 voyage of Carnival Glory. After a test phase, these options will roll out fleet-wide in the latter half of 2014 and early 2015.
What Can You Expect Onboard?
Repeat Carnival guests will notice a change as soon as they step into the dining room, with new table decor and place settings. Next up is the extensive cocktail menu with delicious libations like the Raspberry Mojito, Sunset Serenity, and Carnival Cosmo. Wines—by the glass and bottle—round out the beverage options.
American TABLE offers up a wide menu of appetizers, some of which—like Fried Calamari—can be served family-style. A few "Rare Finds" (think Spicy Alligator Fritters and Frog Legs Provençal with Herb Butter) will tempt the more adventurous gourmands. Entrées focus on pasta, poultry, meat, and seafood, with a few "Port of Call" selections that are inspired by the destination on the ship's itinerary that day.
Don't miss American FEAST on formal dress nights, held once or twice per voyage. Succulent appetizer options include Crispy Crab and Corn Fritters with Pineapple, Coconut, and Cilantro Salsa; and Mojito Cured Salmon with Minted Cumber Slaw. Entrées include traditional favorites like Slow-Cooked Prime Rib and Broiled Maine Lobster. And save some room for dessert, like the Sticky Toffee Brioche with Whipped Crème Fraiche.
Andrea M. Rotondo is a freelance writer based in New York City. She covers cruise news and luxury travel trends for Fodors.com and writes for a variety of outlets, including her website Luxury Travel Mavens. Follow her on Twitter: @luxtravelmavens.
Photo credit: Courtesy of Carnival Cruises
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- Fall 2014 Guide to Washington, D.C.
- $198 & up -- Aruba: 4-Star All-Incl. Sale w/Flight CreditBookIt.com
- $3084* & up -- Premium Economy to New Zealand from LA, R/TAir New Zealand
- $118 & up -- FL Keys: 4.5-Star Waterfront Resort, 65% OffBookIt.com
- $769 & up -- Punta Cana: All-Incl. Family Trip w/WaterparkApple Vacations
- $1099 & up -- Cozumel: Weeklong All-Incl. Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $95* & up -- Fly to Salt Lake City in Fall & Winter (R/T)Ski City USA