Cake Boss Climbs Aboard Norwegian Breakaway
You've got to give Norwegian Cruise Line credit. They've spent the past few months leaking news about its forthcoming mega-ship, Norwegian Breakaway. The line is dubbing it "New York's ship" since it will home port out of Manhattan. NCL has done an excellent job of incorporating unique Big Apple touches to Breakaway and so it probably shouldn't be a surprise to hear that the Cake Boss, master baker Buddy Valastro, will bring a branch of his family-run business to the ship.
The TLC television star is best known for his shows Cake Boss, Next Great Baker, and Kitchen Boss as well as his family's famous bakery in Hoboken, New Jersey: Carlo's Bake Shop. Locals and visitors fill the bakery everyday in search of delectable treats.
The Carlo's outpost will surely become a favorite hangout on Deck 8 aboard Norwegian Breakaway when she sets sail this May. Cruisers will be able to purchase sweets like Buddy's famous Oreo Dark Chocolate Mousse and Purple Groovy Fondant cakes, Italian butter cookies, biscotti, cupcakes, cheesecake, and tiramisu.
Fun cupcake decorating classes will also be offered at the shop. And, if you're marking a birthday or anniversary during your cruise, you'll have the option of pre-ordering a specialty cake for the onboard celebration.
Valastro is happy to bring the tradition of the family bakery to Norwegian Breakaway, which he calls "the ultimate ship for families." Breakaway will sail roundtrip out of New York to Bermuda as well as the Bahamas and Florida.
Photo credit: Courtesy of Norwegian Cruise Line
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- Top 10 Fall Trips for Food Lovers
- 10 Best Casino Restaurants in the World
- 11 Must-See Ch?teaux Outside Paris
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- World's Best Golf Resorts
- Long Weekend in Palenque, Mexico
- Top 5 New York City Activities for Teens
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $169 -- Caribbean: St. Maarten 4-Star Resort, Save 40%Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten
- $117-$133 -- All-Suite West Edmonton Hotel w/BreakfastHome2 Suites by Hilton West Edmonton
- $199 & up -- Weekends at 4-Star Times Square HotelSheraton New York Times Square
- $289 & up -- 7-Night Alaska Cruise on NorwegianAmerican Express Travel
- $1989 -- Panama Canal 15-Nt. Cruise incl. Unlimited DrinksCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $1299 -- Oceanview: 14-Nt. Asia Cruise w/$1700 in ExtrasCruCon Cruise Outlet