Caesars Entertainment & Starwood Team Up in Vegas
Following on the heels of a similarly launched hotel partnership in June (when Hyatt- and MGM-branded hotels announced their own Vegas collaboration), the Caesars Entertainment and Starwood hotel groups have now likewise teamed up to offer reciprocal benefits across their loyalty programs. Starting January 9, 2014, guests enrolled in corresponding loyalty programs will be able to earn and redeem points and share elite status benefits by staying with either hotel brand.
In Las Vegas, there are nine hotels included in the partnership, including Bally's Las Vegas, Caesars Palace, Flamingo Las Vegas, Harrah's Las Vegas, Nobu Hotel, Paris Las Vegas, Planet Hollywood; Rio Las Vegas; and The Quad Las Vegas.
By allowing reciprocity between their members, the Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) and Caesars Total Rewards (CTR) programs are rapidly expanding their presence in key markets. This change is especially notable in Las Vegas, where casino hotels have typically not been affiliated with major global loyalty programs. Starwood suddenly has thousands of Vegas hotel rooms available to its members for earning points and for cashing in on free night awards. Members of the CTR program, in turn, gain access to the entire portfolio of Starwood properties around the globe.
While details on the redemption side of the partnership are still pending, on the earning side, SPG members will rack up 2 points for every eligible $1 charged to their hotel folio at Caesars Entertainment hotels; members will also earn points in the Caesars program for the same stay.
Photo credit: Courtesy of SPG/Caesars
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $209 & up -- Oceanview: 4-Night Cruise to Cozumel, 40% OffRoyal Caribbean
- $1397 & up -- Ireland in Summer: 7-Nt. Vacation w/Air & CarGreat Value Vacations
- $887 & up -- Costa Rica Volcano & Forest 6-Nt. Trip w/AirTripMasters.com
- $4599 -- Suite: 15-Night Luxury Indian Ocean CruiseWindstar Cruises
- $579 & up -- Maui 3-Nt. Beachfront Trips w/Air & Car RentalPleasant Holidays
- $519 & up -- Norwegian Getaway Caribbean Cruise w/UpgradeNorwegian Cruise Line