Caesars Entertainment & Starwood Team Up in Vegas
Following on the heels of a similarly launched hotel partnership in June (when Hyatt- and MGM-branded hotels announced their own Vegas collaboration), the Caesars Entertainment and Starwood hotel groups have now likewise teamed up to offer reciprocal benefits across their loyalty programs. Starting January 9, 2014, guests enrolled in corresponding loyalty programs will be able to earn and redeem points and share elite status benefits by staying with either hotel brand.
In Las Vegas, there are nine hotels included in the partnership, including Bally's Las Vegas, Caesars Palace, Flamingo Las Vegas, Harrah's Las Vegas, Nobu Hotel, Paris Las Vegas, Planet Hollywood; Rio Las Vegas; and The Quad Las Vegas.
By allowing reciprocity between their members, the Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) and Caesars Total Rewards (CTR) programs are rapidly expanding their presence in key markets. This change is especially notable in Las Vegas, where casino hotels have typically not been affiliated with major global loyalty programs. Starwood suddenly has thousands of Vegas hotel rooms available to its members for earning points and for cashing in on free night awards. Members of the CTR program, in turn, gain access to the entire portfolio of Starwood properties around the globe.
While details on the redemption side of the partnership are still pending, on the earning side, SPG members will rack up 2 points for every eligible $1 charged to their hotel folio at Caesars Entertainment hotels; members will also earn points in the Caesars program for the same stay.
Photo credit: Courtesy of SPG/Caesars
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- 10 Best Casino Restaurants in the World
- Top 10 Fall Trips for Food Lovers
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- Ultimate Guide to European Rail Passes
- Wine Lover's Guide to St. Helena
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $134 & up -- Houston Hotels in Summer incl. $70 in ExtrasHilton Houston Post Oak and Hilton Americas-Houston
- $1499 -- Suite: Mexican Riviera Cruise w/$1250 in ExtrasCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $1124* & up -- Fall Fares to Paris from the U.S., R/TAir France
- $164 & up -- Bahamas Luxe All-Inclusive Resort, Save 55% Riu Palace Paradise
- $159* & up -- Coast-to-Coast Fares into 2015, One WayVirgin America
- $160-$175 -- Jamaica: New Adults-Only All-Inclusive ResortHotel Riu Palace Jamaica