Caesars Entertainment & Starwood Team Up in Vegas
Following on the heels of a similarly launched hotel partnership in June (when Hyatt- and MGM-branded hotels announced their own Vegas collaboration), the Caesars Entertainment and Starwood hotel groups have now likewise teamed up to offer reciprocal benefits across their loyalty programs. Starting January 9, 2014, guests enrolled in corresponding loyalty programs will be able to earn and redeem points and share elite status benefits by staying with either hotel brand.
In Las Vegas, there are nine hotels included in the partnership, including Bally's Las Vegas, Caesars Palace, Flamingo Las Vegas, Harrah's Las Vegas, Nobu Hotel, Paris Las Vegas, Planet Hollywood; Rio Las Vegas; and The Quad Las Vegas.
By allowing reciprocity between their members, the Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) and Caesars Total Rewards (CTR) programs are rapidly expanding their presence in key markets. This change is especially notable in Las Vegas, where casino hotels have typically not been affiliated with major global loyalty programs. Starwood suddenly has thousands of Vegas hotel rooms available to its members for earning points and for cashing in on free night awards. Members of the CTR program, in turn, gain access to the entire portfolio of Starwood properties around the globe.
While details on the redemption side of the partnership are still pending, on the earning side, SPG members will rack up 2 points for every eligible $1 charged to their hotel folio at Caesars Entertainment hotels; members will also earn points in the Caesars program for the same stay.
Photo credit: Courtesy of SPG/Caesars
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- Fall 2014 Guide to Washington, D.C.
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo
- $1215* & up -- Fly RT to Sydney or Auckland w/Fiji StopoverPacificislands.com
- $99 & up -- Sonoma County Hotel Sale, up to 50% OffSonoma County Tourism
- $179 & up -- 4-Star Ft. Lauderdale Resort & Spa, Save 50%The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale
- $69* & up -- Nationwide Fares on Award-Winning Airline, O/WVirgin America
- $3084* & up -- Premium Economy to New Zealand from LA, R/TAir New Zealand
- $165 & up -- SC: 4-Star Hilton Head Island Resort, Save 40%The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa