Boutique 76 Main Hotel Opens in Nantucket
Lark Hotels—a collection of boutique properties throughout New England—has set its sights on Nantucket, Massachusetts. 76 Main opened on June 7 in the thick of Main Street as that street’s only boutique hotel.
Not only are guests within a few feet of art galleries, shops, and eateries, but the 20-room hotel’s décor has become a local attraction too. Designed by Rachel Reider Interiors in Boston, rich blues and greens—plus aqua and navy—are contrasted with crisp white and black to reflect nautical influences nearby but also evoke a sophisticated Nantucket getaway. There’s even a Vineyard Vines suite that’s the result of the hotel's collaboration with this clothing and accessories brand, which is well known for its artful merging of posh and prep and was founded in the 1980s on Martha’s Vineyard. (Look closely in this unique room: even the window shades feature Vineyard Vines belts). Rooms are divided between the Main House and the Guest House, but connected by a courtyard with a fire pit. All have Apple TV, an iPod docking station, and free WiFi. Also in each room: a stylish beach bag you can borrow during your stay, designer bed linens, and thoughtful accessories (cue the wine glasses and wine-bottle opener).
There’s no need to head out for breakfast: at the hotel’s café are lattes, hot tea prepared with Mighty Leaf Tea Company’s teas, and pastries like scones made with Maine blueberries and glazed with lemon (come back in the afternoon for homemade Oreo cookies, or macaroons with bittersweet chocolate ganache). Each evening the courtyard becomes a fireside bar with all the bar ware and mixers you’ll need (just bring the liquor), proving this is your beach house during your stay.
To tie in with the opening is the "17" 76 Grand Opening package. From now through July 4, 2013, guests receive 17 percent off room rates, a $17 gift card to Cru Oyster Bar (locally famous for its oysters), and a $17 gift card to Cisco Brewing (a local brewery and distillery).
Kristine Hansen is a freelance writer based in Milwaukee where she reports on food, wine, and travel topics around the globe for Fodors.com, along with new-hotel openings. She also writes for Wine Enthusiast, TIME, Whole Living and American Way. In 2006 she co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Coffee and Tea (Alpha Books/Penguin). You can follow her on Twitter @kristineahansen or through her web site.
Photo credits: Courtesy of 76 Main hotel
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in NYC
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- $3299 -- Luxury Kenya Trip incl. Game Drives & AirLion World Travel
- $1899 -- Sydney & Brisbane Getaway w/4-Star AirQantas Vacations
- $1749 -- 14-Night Mediterranean Cruise w/ExtrasPriceline Cruises
- $599 & up -- Bermuda: Weeklong Cruises w/3 Days in PortNorwegian Cruise Line
- $39 & up -- Hotels in Mesa, Arizona up to 45% offVisit Mesa
- $180 & up -- 4-Star San Diego Waterfront Resort, 50% OffBookIt.com