Boston Restaurants Support Marathon Victims
If you're wanting to help in the aftermath of the Monday afternoon bombings near the finish line of the 117th annual Boston Marathon, eat out in Boston tomorrow.
Several Boston-area restaurants have joined together to launch a fundraising initiative that will donate a percentage of the day's sales to victims of the bombing tragedy via the Greg Hill Foundation, a longtime Boston charity focused on responding to the needs of families affected by tragedy. This translates to between 10 and 25 percent of sales.
The list of participating restaurants is growing but so far includes:
Bella Luna Restaurant & Milky Way Lounge, Jamaica Plain
Blue on Highland, Needham
Cafeteria, on Newbury Street in Boston
China Blossom, North Andover
Davio's Northern Italian Steakhouse, on Arlington Street in Boston
Grafton Street, Cambridge, MA
OlÃ© Mexican Grill, Cambridge
PARK Restaurant & Bar, Cambridge
Piattini Wine CafÃ©, on Newbury Street in Boston
Ristorante Olivio, Arlington
Russell House Tavern, Cambridge
Salvatore's Restaurants, three locations: Boston (Northern Avenue and Washington Street) and Medford)
Temple Bar, Cambridge
Tryst Restaurant, Arlington
Tuscan Kitchen, Salem, New Hampshire
Kristine Hansen is a freelance writer based in Milwaukee where she reports on food, wine, and travel topics around the globe for Fodors.com, along with new-hotel openings. She also writes for Wine Enthusiast, TIME, Whole Living and American Way. In 2006 she co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Coffee and Tea (Alpha Books/Penguin). You can follow her on Twitter @kristineahansen or through her web site.
Photo credit: Russell House Tavern courtesy of Russell House Tavern
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- $1215* & up -- Fly RT to Sydney or Auckland w/Fiji StopoverPacificislands.com
- $779 & up -- Riviera Maya All-Incl. Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $2899 -- Hong Kong & China: 10-Night Trip on 5-Star AirlineHong Kong Tourism Board
- $9.95 & up -- Rental Cars across the United StatesHotwire.com
- $44 & up -- Las Vegas Upscale Resort Sale incl. ExtrasLasVegas.com
- $3999 -- South Africa: Luxury Trip w/Helicopter & Wine ToursLion World Travel