6 Last-Minute Labor Day Deals
The yellow school buses might be rolling through the streets again soon, and the days will soon get shorter, but let's face it: Labor Day definitely still counts as summer, so you deserve a long weekend away. Many hotels are sweetening the deal with special Labor Day packages that let you live the last days of summer weather to the fullest—from sailing the serene Eastern Shore to dancing the night away while jazz saxophones blare in the French Quarter, these are the deals you don't want to miss out on.
Four Seasons Punta Mita, Mexico
Whether you’re a seasoned pro or a looking to play athlete make-believe this Labor Day, you’ll want to get in on the Four Seasons Punta Mita’s "Sports Package." You’ll do much more than just gaze at the beautiful Mexican Pacific coast from the resort—enjoy the waters first-hand in a surfing lesson with a local surf guide, or go for the match point in a 50-minute tennis lesson with one of the resort’s pro instructors. The package also includes casita-style luxury accommodations and a full American breakfast daily. Doubles from $815/night. Through Dec. 19.
El Encanto, Santa Barbara, California
Get the total West Coast treatment at El Encanto, with coastal California cuisine, a full-service spa, and stylish bungalows—all right where lush green mountains meet the sapphire sea of Santa Barbara. Their "Oceans to Vineyards" package lets guests explore all the diverse city has to offer, from wine country by bike to the rugged mountains right nearby. Come home to a luxurious, secluded room and amenities, and refuel with your $60 daily breakfast credit. Through Dec. 19.
The Inn at Perry Cabin, Maryland
Who knew a seaside retreat lay just a short drive from the congested D.C. area and just four hours from frenetic NYC? The Inn at Perry Cabin is offering a tempting "Summer Inn St. Michaels" Labor Day package that lets you escape the work mill with sailing along the Miles River, bike rides into St. Michaels, and fresh seafood at Sherwood’s Landing. A $100 resort credit per stay allows access to activities like garden tours and wine tasting. Through Sept. 5.
Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose
Parents aren’t exempt from impending-school-year stress. Take advantage of the Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose’s "Parent’s De-Stress Weekend" package, which offers two Kuö massages, breakfast for two at the signature Antigua Restaurant and late check-out. Just 15 minutes from downtown San Jose, the colonial haciendas on this 30-acre coffee plantation also offer easy access to ecotourism attractions like the Poas Volcano, rainforest excursions, and canopy adventures. Labor Day rates from $199/night. Through Dec. 24.
W Retreat & Spa—Vieques Island, Puerto Rico
Outdoorsy types will love the W Retreat & Spa—Vieques Island, whose onsite adventure outfitter Black Bear Sports provides high-end kayaks, bicycles, and diving tours of Vieques’ coast. Free snorkel gear lets guests explore the Atlantic Ocean firsthand from the retreat’s two onsite beaches. Resort partner Bieque Eco Trips organizes enchanted dusk kayaking trips on the "Bioluminescent Bay," which sparkles with light from micro-organisms. Book the "Better Tomorrows" package and receive 40% off an addition night for every night booked at a regular rate. Labor Day rates from $329/night. Through Sept. 2013.
Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville, Louisiana
Iconic landmarks like Bourbon Street, Café du Monde, and Jackson Square are just steps from the newly-opened Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Iberville, located in the historic Maison Blanche department store in the heart of the French Quarter of New Orleans. Channel your inner Blanche DuBois in these luxuriously spacious suites, which feature a separate bedroom and living areas with a sleeper sofa, wet bar, and mini fridge, all in a bold modern-meets-historic style. Free Wi-Fi, a lobby theatre, Vieux Carre Café, The Market, and a world-class spa and restaurants round out the deal. Labor Day rates from $239/night.
Photo credits: Four Seasons Punta Mita courtesy of Four Seasons Punta Mita; El Encanto courtesy of El Encanto; the Inn at Perry Cabin courtesy of the Inn at Perry Cabin; Marriott Costa Rica San Jose courtesy of Marriott Costa Rica San Jose; W Retreat & Spa courtesy of W Retreat & Spa; Courtyard New Orleans courtesy of Courtyard New Orleans
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- 10 Best Casino Restaurants in the World
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- Ultimate Guide to European Rail Passes
- Wine Lover's Guide to St. Helena
- What's the One Thing Fodor's Editors Never Travel Without?
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1898 -- 7-Nt. Pacific Northwest River Cruise, Half OffAmerican Queen Steamboat Company
- $829* & up -- Global Sale on 5-Star Airline, R/T incl. TaxQatar Airways
- $75 & up -- Nationwide Virgin America Sale into 2015, O/WVirgin America
- $1282* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $449 -- 5-Nt. Bermuda Cruise on Royal Caribbean w/CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $419 & up -- 7-Nt. Caribbean Cruises incl. Extras & UpgradesNorwegian Cruise Line