Great Travel-Themed Gifts for the Home
There are few absolute truths when it comes to travel, but no matter what, everyone has got to come home again. (Okay, so it's not an absolute truth, but stay with me.) People who've got the travel bug like to fill their homes with trinkets collected along the way, as well as things that inspire them to jet off again. Here we rounded up our favorite travel-inspired house-and-home finds.
Let's start simple...with a globe. Sure, there are plenty of fancy, modern, novelty globes out there (glow-in-the-dark!), but we fell hard for this vintage Replogle classic globe on Etsy ($65). Bring a little wanderlust to their cozier furnishings, with these colorful Pendleton National Parks blankets like this stripey Glacier National Park blanket ($178) or this Southwestern-hued Grand Canyon blanket ($188). Cap it all off with this sweet city icon pillow; this NYC one's got it all from Greek coffee cups to the Empire State Building ($150). Saving for a trip can be tough sometimes, so help them remember why they're skipping that morning latte with this minimalist wooden, goal-oriented piggy bank ($65).
There seems to be no end to the riffs on the "Keep Calm and Carry On" adage, but we still love these "Keep Calm and Travel On" prints ($14.95). We're particularly fond of the London and Paris editions. Think your loved one needs a little kick to travel further afield? Help them tack a cute scratch-off map ($24) to their walls so they can see where they've been and get excited about which destinations they can scratch off next. Of course, one of the best ways to "travel" when you can't really travel is through food. Bringing exotic ingredients and spices into the kitchen can bring you right back to a favorite holiday or can get you excited about the next. Try this pack of exotic sea salts ($56) or this curry gift set ($29.70) from Whole Spice in Napa Valley. If they're really pining for the tastes of somewhere specific like, say, Brooklyn, we recommend New York Mouth's Brooklyn Taster ($100). It includes 11 Brooklyn-made products from Mast Brothers chocolate and Brooklyn Brine pickles to Anarchy in a Jar jam and Tin Mustard's whole grain mustard.
A little taste of the world at home...made simple.
Top collage: Left: Etsy, Inc.; Top center: UncommonGoodsÂ L.L.C.; Bottom center: Amazon.com, Inc.; Right: Pendleton Woolen Mills. Bottom collage: Top left: UncommonGoodsÂ L.L.C.; Bottom left: Etsy, Inc.; Top right: MOUTHFOODS.COM; Bottom right: Rebecca Picard | Dreamstime.com
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $2679 & up -- Italy: Tuscany Villa Vacation w/Air & CarSceptre Tours
- $629 -- Balcony: 7 Night Cruise to Jamaica, Bahamas & MexicoMSC Cruises
- $89 & up -- 4-Star Washington, D.C.-Area Hotel, 40% Off The Westin Alexandria
- $499 & up -- Oceanview: 7 Nt. Cruise to the CaribbeanMSC Cruises
- $1299 -- Italy: 7-Nt. Tuscany Castle Vacation w/AirGreat Value Vacations
- $299 & up -- Caribbean 7-Night Cruise w/UpgradeNorwegian Cruise Line