Around the World in 5 Days: Weekend Roundup
This week we one-upped Jules Verne and traveled the world in just one week. With touchdowns in every continent, from the wilds of Rwanda to slow-melting Antarctica to Wisconsin wine, we're sure there's something for everyone. Check out our top picks from this week's global circumnavigation.
Get ready to discover the country's next up-and-coming wine region: Door County, Wisconsin. (Yes, Wisconsin.) Working with cold-climate grapes has paid off, so visit now before everyone else does.
You know it for stunning gorilla treks, but if that's all you know of Rwanda, you're missing out. The country's on a major progressive upswing and now's the time to discover its many other treasures. Here, author and local expat Josh Ruxin gives the inside track.
Climate change, development, and natural factors are impacting some of the world's most amazing sights. Here are 10 places on the brink of forever changing, and some threatening to disappear altogether. Visit now before they're gone forever.
The British Virgin Islands offer an unspoiled paradise for all types of traveler, from yachties (who are BVI vets) to families and foodies. Here's how to discover the best of each unique island.
Siem Reap is often the gateway for visitors looking to explore the vast temples of Angkor. But the town itself should certainly not be overlooked, with fantastic cuisine, a rich history, and sophisticated stays.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- 10 Best Casino Restaurants in the World
- Top 10 Fall Trips for Food Lovers
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- Ultimate Guide to European Rail Passes
- Wine Lover's Guide to St. Helena
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $249-$299 -- Texas Hill Country 4-Star Resort, Save 20%JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa
- $1313 & up -- Bangkok & Phuket 6-Nt. Trip w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com
- $117-$133 -- All-Suite West Edmonton Hotel w/BreakfastHome2 Suites by Hilton West Edmonton
- $419 & up -- 7-Nt. Caribbean Cruises incl. Extras & UpgradesNorwegian Cruise Line
- $559 -- Cruise Two Continents: 15 Nights plus $100 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $599 & up -- 4-Star All-Incl. Punta Cana Vacation w/AirCheapCaribbean.com