Around the World in 5 Days: Weekend Roundup
This week we one-upped Jules Verne and traveled the world in just one week. With touchdowns in every continent, from the wilds of Rwanda to slow-melting Antarctica to Wisconsin wine, we're sure there's something for everyone. Check out our top picks from this week's global circumnavigation.
Get ready to discover the country's next up-and-coming wine region: Door County, Wisconsin. (Yes, Wisconsin.) Working with cold-climate grapes has paid off, so visit now before everyone else does.
You know it for stunning gorilla treks, but if that's all you know of Rwanda, you're missing out. The country's on a major progressive upswing and now's the time to discover its many other treasures. Here, author and local expat Josh Ruxin gives the inside track.
Climate change, development, and natural factors are impacting some of the world's most amazing sights. Here are 10 places on the brink of forever changing, and some threatening to disappear altogether. Visit now before they're gone forever.
The British Virgin Islands offer an unspoiled paradise for all types of traveler, from yachties (who are BVI vets) to families and foodies. Here's how to discover the best of each unique island.
Siem Reap is often the gateway for visitors looking to explore the vast temples of Angkor. But the town itself should certainly not be overlooked, with fantastic cuisine, a rich history, and sophisticated stays.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places Where Summer Lasts Longer
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- Fall Travel: 5 Essentials for a Hudson Valley Escape | Fodor's
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- $399 & up -- Pacific Coast 5-Night Cruise to VancouverNorwegian Cruise Line
- $219 & up -- Maui: 4-Star Oceanfront Resort w/Flight CreditBookIt.com
- $679* & up -- Europe Fall Fares on 'Best Airline' (R/T)Lufthansa Airlines
- $9.95 & up -- Rental Cars across the United StatesHotwire.com
- $8.89 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $609 & up -- 7-Day Alaska Cruises incl. Glacier BayNorwegian Cruise Line