All Wine All the Time: Weekly Roundup
Blame it on the forthcoming harvest season, but we've been all about wine lately. From California to Chile and from Mexico to the Finger Lakes, we've been exploring the many reasons one might want to travel for wine. First, where you find good wine you find good food. Second, you'd be surprised to find fantastic wines in some lesser known (and worth discovering) regions. And third, what's not to love about traipsing through vineyards, glass in hand?
Just in time for harvest season, many of California's wineries and tasting rooms, from Sonoma to Santa Barbara, have upped the ante on tasting experiences and pairings.
Three years after a devastating earthquake, Chile's Central Valley is flourishing again. Just 50 miles outside of Santiago, visitors find spruced up wineries, fantastic cuisine, and stunning scenery.
As if its pastoral painting-quality rolling hills and lakes weren't enough to entice you to visit this fall, the Okanagan Valley had to plan the Fall Wine Festival. Now you have to go.
What pairs better with a glass of wine than an open-air patio and a stunning view? We criss-crossed the country to find wine bars that give new meaning to the word 'alfresco'.
There are a ton of reasons to visit the Lake Chelan region, and the stellar selection of wineries is only one of them. But really, do you need to know anything beyond that?
You know Napa and Bordeaux, but have you heard of Mexico's routa del vino? Discover the Baja Peninsula's Valle de Guadalupe, which has been producing great wines since 1928. (Yeah, 1928.)
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Exchanging Your Money Abroad: 10 Simple Tips
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Italy: What to Skip, and Where to Go Instead
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 10 Budget-Friendly Getaways for Spring 2015
- 6 Must-Have French Beauty Products
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Top 10 Places to Go for Spring 2015
- $119-$139 -- Atlanta 4-Star Hotel incl. Weekends, 35% OffHilton Atlanta
- $69 & up -- Virginia Hotels and Resorts on Sale, Save 50%Virginia Tourism Corporation
- $2399 -- China 4-Star, 12-Night Tour w/Yangtze Cruise & AirGate 1 Travel
- $529 & up -- 7-Night Bermuda Cruises w/3 Days in PortNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1182 -- 10-Night Spring Ireland Vacation incl. Air and CarEuropean Destinations
- $59 & up -- Vegas: All-Suite Luxury Hotel, Save 60%Palms Place Hotel & Spa