All Wine All the Time: Weekly Roundup
Blame it on the forthcoming harvest season, but we've been all about wine lately. From California to Chile and from Mexico to the Finger Lakes, we've been exploring the many reasons one might want to travel for wine. First, where you find good wine you find good food. Second, you'd be surprised to find fantastic wines in some lesser known (and worth discovering) regions. And third, what's not to love about traipsing through vineyards, glass in hand?
Just in time for harvest season, many of California's wineries and tasting rooms, from Sonoma to Santa Barbara, have upped the ante on tasting experiences and pairings.
Three years after a devastating earthquake, Chile's Central Valley is flourishing again. Just 50 miles outside of Santiago, visitors find spruced up wineries, fantastic cuisine, and stunning scenery.
As if its pastoral painting-quality rolling hills and lakes weren't enough to entice you to visit this fall, the Okanagan Valley had to plan the Fall Wine Festival. Now you have to go.
What pairs better with a glass of wine than an open-air patio and a stunning view? We criss-crossed the country to find wine bars that give new meaning to the word 'alfresco'.
There are a ton of reasons to visit the Lake Chelan region, and the stellar selection of wineries is only one of them. But really, do you need to know anything beyond that?
You know Napa and Bordeaux, but have you heard of Mexico's routa del vino? Discover the Baja Peninsula's Valle de Guadalupe, which has been producing great wines since 1928. (Yeah, 1928.)
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- Fall 2014 Guide to Paris | Fodor's
- 10 Best Biking Cities in the U.S.
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- World's 10 Best Art Fairs
- World's Best Fashion Museums
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- $135-$159 -- 4-Star San Diego Hotel incl. Holidays, $100 OffThe Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
- $269 -- Maui 4-Star Resort on Ka'anapali Beach, Save 35%The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali
- $51-$58 -- Oceanfront Myrtle Beach Hotel thru Fall, 45% OffBookIt.com
- $155-$170 -- Downtown Dallas 4-Star Hotel, Save 25%Sheraton Dallas Hotel
- $131 & up -- Alabama: 4-Star Birmingham Hotel, 30% OffThe Westin Birmingham
- $251 & up -- Fall Weekends at NYC-Area 4-Star Hotel, 10% OffThe Westin Jersey City Newport