Airstream 2 Go Launches in the US
Is there any road trip more iconic than one in a classic silver Airstream? Well, get ready for an epic American adventure. A new company, called Airstream 2 Go, wants to rent you one so that you, too, can experience the thrill of criss-crossing the country in these mid-century modern gems.
Launched earlier this month, they have a small fleet with two different Airstream trailers for rent: The Airstream 28' for 6 people and the Airstream 23' for 4 people. And they'll give you a fully-equipped GMC Yukon Denali for prime hauling.
The LA-based company is independent but is Airstream factory-approved. "Airstream 2 Go is a brand new company with an 82-year history," said Dicky Riegel, Founder & CEO. "Airstream trailers have been an American icon for travel and adventure since 1931." Travelers can start renting in Las Vegas and Los Angeles currently, with more destinations on the way.
Each Airstream trailer comes fully equipped and well-designed with linens and towels, kitchen essentials, flat screen TVs, iPod docks, sound systems, barbecues, air conditioning, camping chairs, and so much more. Basically they are a full summer vacation packed into a shiny, silver trailer.
Weekly rental rates start at $5,300, which is steep but it does cover most expenses and amenities. They also offer packages like their "Take It & Go," which for $7,500 comes with a fully planned custom itinerary for your trip.
If you've never hauled a trailer before, they'll even train you up so you're prepped and ready for the ultimate road trip. Seriously, they go into so much detail they'll even give you a checklist of everything you'll want to bring with you and will provide you with mini iPads with security info, itineraries, and maps.
You know what this means, right? It is time to hit the open road...in style.
Photo credits: Courtesy of Airstream 2 Go
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- $279 & up -- Caribbean Cruise Sale w/Choice of ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $150 -- Oceanfront Miami Beach Resort into Spring w/RebateBookIt.com
- $77 & up -- Cozumel: All-Incl. Family-Friendly Beach ResortBookIt.com
- $72 & up -- OR: Portland Hotels on Sale Through SpringFeatured Destination: Portland
- $189 & up -- AZ: Tucson 4-Diamond Resort, Save 30%The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa
- $619 -- 7-Night Alaska Cruise on Norwegian w/ExtrasPriceline Cruises