Airstream 2 Go Launches in the US
Is there any road trip more iconic than one in a classic silver Airstream? Well, get ready for an epic American adventure. A new company, called Airstream 2 Go, wants to rent you one so that you, too, can experience the thrill of criss-crossing the country in these mid-century modern gems.
Launched earlier this month, they have a small fleet with two different Airstream trailers for rent: The Airstream 28' for 6 people and the Airstream 23' for 4 people. And they'll give you a fully-equipped GMC Yukon Denali for prime hauling.
The LA-based company is independent but is Airstream factory-approved. "Airstream 2 Go is a brand new company with an 82-year history," said Dicky Riegel, Founder & CEO. "Airstream trailers have been an American icon for travel and adventure since 1931." Travelers can start renting in Las Vegas and Los Angeles currently, with more destinations on the way.
Each Airstream trailer comes fully equipped and well-designed with linens and towels, kitchen essentials, flat screen TVs, iPod docks, sound systems, barbecues, air conditioning, camping chairs, and so much more. Basically they are a full summer vacation packed into a shiny, silver trailer.
Weekly rental rates start at $5,300, which is steep but it does cover most expenses and amenities. They also offer packages like their "Take It & Go," which for $7,500 comes with a fully planned custom itinerary for your trip.
If you've never hauled a trailer before, they'll even train you up so you're prepped and ready for the ultimate road trip. Seriously, they go into so much detail they'll even give you a checklist of everything you'll want to bring with you and will provide you with mini iPads with security info, itineraries, and maps.
You know what this means, right? It is time to hit the open road...in style.
Photo credits: Courtesy of Airstream 2 Go
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Asia's 10 Best Second Cities
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- 15 Must-See Literary Sights in London
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- Where to Eat in Montreal Now
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- What's the One Thing Fodor's Editors Never Travel Without?
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $479 & up -- Ends 9/2: Bermuda Cruises w/All-Incl. OptionNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1349 & up -- London & Paris 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com
- $1647 & up -- Bangkok, Singapore, Hong Kong 9-Nt. Trip w/AirTripMasters.com
- $164 & up -- Bahamas Luxe All-Inclusive Resort, Save 55% Riu Palace Paradise
- $135 & up -- Downtown Chicago 4-Star Hotel, Save 65%The Westin Chicago River North
- $199 & up -- Baltimore 4-Star Inner Harbor Hotel, 40% OffSheraton Inner Harbor Hotel