Affordable-Meets-Luxe Nadler Soho Hotel Opens in London
London is getting even more chic this summer with the June 1 opening of The Nadler Soho. As part of the Nadler Hotels collection, its siblings are in Liverpool (base2stay Liverpool) and Kensington (The Nadler Kensington).
The 78-room Nadler Soho—identifiable by the "Selene" sculpture (by artist Hew Locke) of a Greek goddess out front—is in the heart of London's hip Soho area, within blocks of theatres, clubs, and restaurants that garner print space in glossy travel magazines. But guests need not look farther than the front desk for in-the-know recommendations: "Local Ambassadors" staff the desk 24 hours a day, prepared to not only book theater tickets for you (at no cost) but also dish on London's best places to experience food and mixology trends, or noteworthy art galleries.
With its "four-star rooms with five-star service" mantra, rates are priced for budget-oriented travelers who don't wish to skimp on essentials (both WiFi and in-room Fair Trade tea and coffee are free) but also want little luxuries (there is a pillow menu, for instance, and Gilchrist & Soames toiletries). Each room is decked out in stylish, neutral tones and features a spacious shower and a Brita water-filter tap that eliminates the need for bottled-water purchases. A unique perk is the ability to download digital magazines and newspapers from close to 100 countries onto your smartphone at no cost, so you are in touch with what's happening back home. Also free: 30 minutes of local and national phone calls from the room.
Rates start at £145 for a solo room and go on up to £585 for the posh Carlisle Suite, which boasts a king-size four-poster bed, separate sitting room with a sofa bed, and views of Soho Square. For guests booking more than a seven-night stay, the room rates are discounted and paying in advance translates to a 10-percent savings.
Kristine Hansen is a freelance writer based in Milwaukee where she reports on food, wine, and travel topics around the globe for Fodors.com, along with new-hotel openings. She also writes for Wine Enthusiast, TIME, Whole Living and American Way. In 2006 she co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Coffee and Tea (Alpha Books/Penguin). You can follow her on Twitter @kristineahansen or through her web site.
Photo credits: Courtesy of The Nadler
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- $169 & up -- Downtown Los Angeles 4-Star Hotel, $100 OffThe Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites
- $139-$159 -- 4-Star San Diego Hotel incl. Holidays, 50% OffThe Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
- $168 & up -- USVI: Winter Resort Sale incl. Flight CreditsBookIt.com
- $99 & up -- 4-Star Lake Las Vegas Resort, Save 30%Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa
- $233-$269 -- NYC: Times Square Hotel incl. Holidays, 35% OffThe Westin New York Times Square
- $3009 -- Vietnam: 7-Night Escorted Vacation w/Air & MealsSinorama Holidays