8 Top Waterproof Beauty Products
Rising temperatures and sunnier forecasts means water sports are nearly in season. Whether your next trip consists of a dip in the hotel pool or a dive into ocean waves, you might want to consider a few waterproof makeup options. Not that we condone a full face of makeup in sweltering heat, but perhaps a choice pick-me-up or two will enhance your best features. Here are eight excellent picks that will hold up to a bit of splish-splash.
1. Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof Eyeliner in Bleu Exquis ($32): An impressive pencil formula that's easy to apply, Chanel's waterproof eye pencil comes in a satisfying array of neutral, metallic, and bright colors. We particularly like this vibrant blue hue. Use only on the lower lash line for a minimalist yet sassy take on the season's colorful eye makeup trend.
2. Tarte Amazonian Clay Matte Waterproof Bronzer ($30): Nothing quite says you're ready for summer like a bronze glow. This matte version of Tarte's much-loved bronzer stays put even through sticky climates, while chiseling out the cheekbones you never thought you had.
3. Maybelline Full & Soft Thick & Healthy Waterproof Mascara ($7.49): No need to splurge on designer mascara. There are many excellent options at the drugstore. This particular version by Maybelline gives lashes a voluminous boost without the usual super stiff finish of waterproof formulas.
4. Make Up For Ever Aqua Matic eye shadow pencil ($21): Certain cosmetic companies, like Make Up For Ever, specialize in formulas that last in a variety of conditions. The brand's eye shadow pencil is especially noteworthy for its creamy feel and creaseless finish. Choose a flattering shade, such as this metallic pinky beige hue, for a subtle poolside highlight.
5. Lancôme Effacernes Waterproof Protective Undereye Concealer ($30.50): If you've been slaving at work to cover your vacation time away, chances are your complexion is far from perfect. Pack this waterproof under-eye concealer for stealth touch-ups.
6. Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Brow Color ($21): Not everyone is blessed with thick Brooke Shields' eyebrows. Rest assured even the sparsely browed can boast defined arches with this brush-tip formula.
7. Sephora Retractable Waterproof Lip Liner ($13): If you plan on lingering at the beach until sundown, perhaps throw this waterproof lip liner into your day bag. To hit the sunset bar scene, the punchy shade goes great with a deep tan and choice cover-up.
8. Cargo Water Resistant Blush ($26): Though a few hours in the sun will give your cheeks some color, sometimes it's better to tote your own. This universal Bali pink, made of sweat-proof silicone-coated powder, will leave just the right touch of healthy flush.
Photo Credit: Courtesy of Nordstrom, Inc.; http://tartecosmetics.com; ULTA Salon, Cosmetics & Fragrance, Inc.; Sephora USA, Inc.; Lancôme; Stila Styles, LLC - A Lynn Tilton Company; Sephora USA, Inc.; Nordstrom, Inc.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!