8 Excellent Makeup Bags and Dopp Kits
Any traveler knows that organization is key to stress-free vacations. While vacuum-seal bags and sock and underwear sacks play their part, the place to start is with your makeup bag or dopp kit. These items are necessities for a reason, as you'll want to protect clothing from any wayward toiletries, and keep the hotel bathroom experience as efficient and pleasant as possible. In need of a replacement? Here are our 8 picks for right now.
1. With an oversized bow, this pretty pastel Ted Baker bag ($45) is more than just '60s-stylish. The square shape allows for maximum storage, and that shine is courtesy of waterproof PVC.
2. Outdoor enthusiasts may know REI for its outdoor-tested wear, and the rugged retailer knows how to design a shower kit, too. This black utilitarian style will hold up wherever your adventures may take you ($39.50).
3. Like clothing, accessories for guys have undergone a significant (and attractive) facelift in recent years. Take this shave kit by Ernest Alexander ($95); not only does it have a heritage aesthetic, but it comes in waxed cotton canvas for longer durability.
4. Not all nylon is created equal, and Longchamp's classic bags serve as the perfect example. Items like this "Le Pliage" pouchette are washable and can last for years ($50).
5. For the frequent flier, transparent makeup bags make finding your latest eyeshadow palette a breeze. Stephanie Johnson makes hers in playful see-through neons ($42).
6. If you favor travel bags with a hanging hook, Target offers an eye-catching assortment in the latest prints ($29.99 by Orla Kiely).
7. Leather toiletry cases can show more wear and tear than your usual plastic or nylon bag, but there's something lovely about a leather case with a well-earned patina. Choose a grain that's more resistant to stains, such as this pebble-textured leather case with optional monogram from Pottery Barn ($89).
8. True packing fanatics should look for a handy flat toiletry case that will fit easily into any Roll-Aboard. Hard Graft's version in canvas and leather is strikingly handsome ($249).
Photo Credit: Courtesy of Nordstrom, Inc. (Ted Baker bag); Recreational Equipment, Inc.; www.ernestalexander.com; Nordstrom, Inc. (Longchamp bag); Quidsi, Inc. or its Affiliates. (Stephanie Johnson bag); Target Brands, Inc. (Orla Kiely bag); Williams Sonoma Inc. (leather Pottery Barn bag); HARD GRAFT MMXIV / TERMS.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- Ultimate Guide to European Rail Passes
- What's the One Thing Fodor's Editors Never Travel Without?
- Wine Lover's Guide to St. Helena
- Vote for Fodor's Travel to Go to the 2015 SXSW Festival
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $379 & up -- 7-Day Alaska Cruises incl. Glacier BayNorwegian Cruise Line
- $449 -- 5-Nt. Bermuda Cruise on Royal Caribbean w/CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $799 -- Oceanview Cabin on Bermuda Cruise w/Drinks & TipsCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $829* & up -- Global Sale on 5-Star Airline, R/T incl. TaxQatar Airways
- $117-$133 -- All-Suite West Edmonton Hotel w/BreakfastHome2 Suites by Hilton West Edmonton
- $474 -- Bahamas 4-Night Cruise w/Tips & All DrinksCruCon Cruise Outlet