8 Excellent Makeup Bags and Dopp Kits
Any traveler knows that organization is key to stress-free vacations. While vacuum-seal bags and sock and underwear sacks play their part, the place to start is with your makeup bag or dopp kit. These items are necessities for a reason, as you'll want to protect clothing from any wayward toiletries, and keep the hotel bathroom experience as efficient and pleasant as possible. In need of a replacement? Here are our 8 picks for right now.
1. With an oversized bow, this pretty pastel Ted Baker bag ($45) is more than just '60s-stylish. The square shape allows for maximum storage, and that shine is courtesy of waterproof PVC.
2. Outdoor enthusiasts may know REI for its outdoor-tested wear, and the rugged retailer knows how to design a shower kit, too. This black utilitarian style will hold up wherever your adventures may take you ($39.50).
3. Like clothing, accessories for guys have undergone a significant (and attractive) facelift in recent years. Take this shave kit by Ernest Alexander ($95); not only does it have a heritage aesthetic, but it comes in waxed cotton canvas for longer durability.
4. Not all nylon is created equal, and Longchamp's classic bags serve as the perfect example. Items like this "Le Pliage" pouchette are washable and can last for years ($50).
5. For the frequent flier, transparent makeup bags make finding your latest eyeshadow palette a breeze. Stephanie Johnson makes hers in playful see-through neons ($42).
6. If you favor travel bags with a hanging hook, Target offers an eye-catching assortment in the latest prints ($29.99 by Orla Kiely).
7. Leather toiletry cases can show more wear and tear than your usual plastic or nylon bag, but there's something lovely about a leather case with a well-earned patina. Choose a grain that's more resistant to stains, such as this pebble-textured leather case with optional monogram from Pottery Barn ($89).
8. True packing fanatics should look for a handy flat toiletry case that will fit easily into any Roll-Aboard. Hard Graft's version in canvas and leather is strikingly handsome ($249).
Photo Credit: Courtesy of Nordstrom, Inc. (Ted Baker bag); Recreational Equipment, Inc.; www.ernestalexander.com; Nordstrom, Inc. (Longchamp bag); Quidsi, Inc. or its Affiliates. (Stephanie Johnson bag); Target Brands, Inc. (Orla Kiely bag); Williams Sonoma Inc. (leather Pottery Barn bag); HARD GRAFT MMXIV / TERMS.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- New All-Inclusive Resort Azul Sensatori Jamaica Opens in Negril
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- $138 & up -- San Francisco: 4-Star Hotel Holiday DealsSan Francisco Travel
- $89 & up -- Hotel Deals Across Arizona through WinterVisit Arizona
- $195 & up -- 4-Diamond Hotel in Times Square, Save 40%Renaissance New York Times Square Hotel
- $119 -- D.C. 4-Star Georgetown Hotel incl. Holidays, 50% OffThe Graham Georgetown
- $7.48 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $474 -- Celebrity 4-Night Bahamas Cruise w/Unlimited DrinksCruCon Cruise Outlet