8 Cooling Beauty Products for Beating the Heat
Whether you already live in a steamy locale or you're traveling to a sunnier climate this summer, you're likely looking to both soak up rays and beat the heat. Good thing that beauty companies are here to keep you looking fresh-faced all day, no matter the conditions. There's now a refreshing selection of cooling products on shelves and online. Here are eight of our favorites for chilling out—literally.
1. Neutrogena Fresh Cooling Sunscreen SPF 45: There's nothing like a frosty spritz on a humid summer day to revitalize and rejuvenate. Plus, if you're spending the day by the hotel pool or the beach, your skin will be protected from the sun's rays. Don't forget to reapply! ($10.79)
2. L'Occitane Verbena Cooling Hand Cream: This travel-size product is concocted with the season's temperatures in mind. With a matte, soft-powder finish and a zesty citrus-verbena scent, this cream-to-gel formula skips the greasy-hands route, earning it a spot on our roster of summer favorites. ($12)
3. Korres Greek Yoghurt Cooling Gel: Slather this delightful after-sun gel on your tanned gams or sunburned parts and you'll be cooled instantly. (Tip: Store in the refrigerator for an even more refreshing feeling). What's more, the stylish packaging reminds of us of lazy days spent on Santorini. ($23.50)
4. Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask: Not only is this therapeutic mask cooling, but it also calms pesky skin irritations with extracts of cucumber, chamomile, papaya, and pineapple. Stick it in the fridge, then apply to combat under-eye puffiness. ($45)
5. The Body Shop Peppermint Cooling Foot Lotion Headed to Europe, where walking on cobblestones is part of the daily plan? This minty foot lotion (use it on tired calves, too) will offer the sweet relief you need after a day of touring the piazzas and cathedrals. ($16)
6. Kiehl's Refreshing Mist: Wonderfully portable, these hydrating mists are an excellent way to boost moisture during long-haul flights. This one offers unique restorative ingredients such as cactus flower and Tibetan ginseng. ($14)
7. Urban Decay Chill Makeup Setting Spray: There's no worse place for a makeup meltdown than on the road. For a look that stays put between planes, trains, and automobiles (and on that Aegean vacation that you've been dreaming about), start with the right setting spray, such as this one by Urban Decay with temperature control technology that's released gradually throughout the day. ($30)
8. Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Gel Pads: The name alone suggests an icy dip in natural springs and rivers. The packaged pairs are ideal travel mates in-flight when variable temperatures are bound to dry out delicate under-eye skin. ($30 for 8 pairs of pads)
Photo Credit: Courtesy of Neutrogena; L'Occitane; Korres; Peter Thomas Roth Clinical Skin Care; The Body Shop International; Kiehl's; Urban Decay Cosmetics; skyn ICELAND
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- Fall 2014 Guide to Washington, D.C.
- $3999 -- South Africa: Luxury Trip w/Helicopter & Wine ToursLion World Travel
- $69* & up -- Nationwide Fares on Award-Winning Airline, O/WVirgin America
- $798* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $139-$159 -- 4-Star San Diego Hotel incl. Holidays, 50% OffThe Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
- $249 & up -- 7-Nt. Caribbean Cruises incl. Extras & UpgradesNorwegian Cruise Line
- $3084* & up -- Premium Economy to New Zealand from LA, R/TAir New Zealand