6 Best Black Friday Hotel Packages
Put a new spin on Black Friday shopping excursions by leaving town. Score bargain-prices on clothing, bedding, and electronics, just in a new city, and at the end of the day retire to posh accommodations. Capitalizing on America's shopping day, hotels across the country, located near major shopping malls, have decided to pack in some perks like sparkling wine, chair massages, coupon books, and free shuttle service so you don't have to fight for a parking space. Here are six of the best Black Friday hotel deals. Mark your calendars for the day after Thanksgiving, and start packing.
Folded into the "Black Friday" package are little luxuries that include a free glass of Prosecco, no-cost chair massage at Evan Todd Salon & Spa, and WiFi (to scope out the best shopping deals). The Conrad hotel is connected to Circle Centre Mall in downtown Indy via a skywalk where you can shop at 125 shops, including Godiva Chocolatier, Banana Republic, H&M, Teavana, and Coach. Restaurants that are on-site range from Ruth's Chris Steak House to Kelly's Cajun Grill.
NYLO Hotels in Dallas
Offered at all three NYLO Hotels in Dallas, the "Black Friday Shopping" package includes a free bottle of Champagne, valet parking, breakfast, and mimosas for two. But the deals don't stop at the hotel. Once at NorthPark Center—which was named "one of the seven retail wonders of the modern world", with luxury retailers like A/X Armani Exchange, Kate Spade New York, Louis Vuitton, Bottega Veneta, Cartier, and more—you have $100 to spend on whatever you'd like.
The Iroquois New York
Where else but Midtown Manhattan to book a shopping vacation? The Iroquois New York's "Black Friday Shopping Package" solves the dilemma of shoving purchases into your carry-on – or caving in to checked-bag fees – by covering $25 in ground-shipping costs. Plus, the hotel deal includes a "power pack" of food to fuel a day of shopping, providing a thermos of hot chocolate or coffee, power bars, and fruit as you head out into the streets.
Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa, Arizona
The best perk with the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa "Black Friday Package" is a late check-out of 4 pm, gifting you with another full day of shopping. Simply hop on a free shuttle to the nearby Phoenix Premium Outlets, and hold onto a coupon book that unleashes even more deals at stores like the new Kate Spade New York or Polo Ralph Lauren Factory Store, or shop local favorites like Saks Fifth Avenue Off 5th, Nike Factory Store or Crabtree & Evelyn. When you start to droop mid-day, the Sheraton has thoughtfully included a $10 voucher for Starbucks coffee at the resort's Link Café.
Homewood Suites by Hilton Minneapolis-Mall of America
Serious shoppers will flock to America's second-largest mall, the Mall of America, just outside the Twin Cities in Bloomington, Minnesota, and with 400-some stores. Nearby, Homewood Suites by Hilton Minneapolis-Mall of America truly capitalizes on its prime location. With the "Mall of America Shopping Package," wake up with a free hot-breakfast buffet, and board a mall-bound shuttle, utilizing a coupon book with discounts at various stores along with "power snacks" so you can shop until you drop.
Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Illinois
Chicagoans and shoppers lusting for a day of purchasing bliss will visit Woodfield Mall in Chicago's northwestern suburb of Schaumburg near O'Hare International Airport. It's the largest mall in the region and boasts close to 300 stores. A stay at the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, when you book the "Woodfield Mall Shopping Package," includes a $50 gift card to spend at Woodfield Mall (which ranks as the 10th largest in the U.S.), a free shuttle to and from the mall, and breakfast for two at Fresh 1800 (the hotel's restaurant).
Kristine Hansen is a freelance writer based in Milwaukee where she reports on food, wine, and travel topics around the globe for Fodors.com, along with new-hotel openings. She also writes for Wine Enthusiast, TIME, Whole Living and American Way. In 2006 she co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Coffee and Tea (Alpha Books/Penguin). You can follow her on Twitter @kristineahansen or through her web site.
Photo Credits: Conrad Indianapolis courtesy of Conrad Hotels; NYLO Hotel Dallas courtesy of NYLO Hotels; Iroquois New York courtesy of Iroquois New York; Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort and Spa courtesy of Sheraton Hotels; Homewood Suites Minneapolis-Mall of America courtesy of Hilton Hotels; Hyatt Regency Schaumburg courtesy of Hyatt Regency Hotels
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- World's 10 Best Trips for Wine Lovers
- 20 Gorgeous Seaside Towns in Italy
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- Romantic Getaway: Long Weekend in San Juan
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 5 Best Perks of Flying in Premium Economy
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $179 & up -- 4-Star Ft. Lauderdale Resort & Spa, 40% OffThe Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale
- $119 & up -- 4-Star San Diego Hotels, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $424 -- Celebrity Cruise w/Oceanview Cabin & All DrinksCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $129 & up -- Chicago: 4-Star Michigan Avenue Hotel, $100 OffThe Westin Michigan Avenue
- $1528 & up -- Escorted 7-Nt. Sicily Splendors Land-Only TourApple Vacations
- $119 & up -- New Orleans Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago