5 Ways to Celebrate Earth Day
Happy Earth Day, guys! This may sound obvious, but we kind of love this gorgeous planet of ours. (Hence this whole exploring-it-all-the-time thing.) So in honor of Earth Day, we rounded up a handful of ways to travel greener and to keep celebrating the Earth long after today.
Now that Earth Day is here, we've got nothing but excuses to celebrate the only way we know how—by booking imaginary trips to some of the world's greatest eco-friendly hotels in stunning locales. Join us!
When you're on-the-go, why not also go green? We chose seven of the best eco-friendly, well-designed, and multipurpose products to help keep you organized, entertained, and green on your journeys.
It is one thing to call yourself "green," but it's another to practice what you preach. So we investigated some self-proclaimed leaders in eco-consciousness hotels and came up with five top picks that leave the others green with envy.
Even when deciding on your next great European getaway, you can keep green in mind. Choose one of these 10 cities, where biking is the norm, organic food is available everywhere you look, and recycling is easy.
Vacations do the body (and soul) good, and none more so than volunteer trips. They are among the best ways to see, and connect with, the world. Here are a few choice trips to get you started.
Photo credits: Bungalows at Four Seasons Bora Bora: Peter Vitale/Four Seasons Bora Bora; Travel Tech collage by Fodors.com; Bardessono hotel pool courtesy of Bardessono; Bikes in Amsterdam via Shutterstock; Volunteer vacations courtesy of American Hiking Society
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- $629 & up -- Riviera Maya Beachside Riu Vacation w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $189 & up -- AZ: Tucson 4-Diamond Resort, Save 30%The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa
- $161 & up -- Boston 4-Star Hotel near Newbury St., 30% OffSheraton Boston
- $20 & up -- Arizona Tour, Spa, Golf & Dining Deals, 70% OffVisit Arizona
- $119-$139 -- Hilton Head 4-Star Beachfront Resort, 30% OffHilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa
- $699 -- 10-Night Panama Canal Cruise on Holland AmericaCruise.com