5 Ways to Celebrate Earth Day
Happy Earth Day, guys! This may sound obvious, but we kind of love this gorgeous planet of ours. (Hence this whole exploring-it-all-the-time thing.) So in honor of Earth Day, we rounded up a handful of ways to travel greener and to keep celebrating the Earth long after today.
Now that Earth Day is here, we've got nothing but excuses to celebrate the only way we know how—by booking imaginary trips to some of the world's greatest eco-friendly hotels in stunning locales. Join us!
When you're on-the-go, why not also go green? We chose seven of the best eco-friendly, well-designed, and multipurpose products to help keep you organized, entertained, and green on your journeys.
It is one thing to call yourself "green," but it's another to practice what you preach. So we investigated some self-proclaimed leaders in eco-consciousness hotels and came up with five top picks that leave the others green with envy.
Even when deciding on your next great European getaway, you can keep green in mind. Choose one of these 10 cities, where biking is the norm, organic food is available everywhere you look, and recycling is easy.
Vacations do the body (and soul) good, and none more so than volunteer trips. They are among the best ways to see, and connect with, the world. Here are a few choice trips to get you started.
Photo credits: Bungalows at Four Seasons Bora Bora: Peter Vitale/Four Seasons Bora Bora; Travel Tech collage by Fodors.com; Bardessono hotel pool courtesy of Bardessono; Bikes in Amsterdam via Shutterstock; Volunteer vacations courtesy of American Hiking Society
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- $165 & up -- SC: 4-Star Hilton Head Island Resort, Save 40%The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa
- $69* & up -- Nationwide Fares on Award-Winning Airline, O/WVirgin America
- $20 & up -- Arizona Tour, Spa, Golf & Dining Deals, 70% OffVisit Arizona
- $2899 -- Hong Kong & China: 10-Night Trip on 5-Star AirlineHong Kong Tourism Board
- $1999 -- China: Last Minute Luxe Yangtze River Cruise w/AirSinorama Holidays
- $178 & up -- Holidays at NYC-Area 4-Star Hotel, 40% OffThe Westin Jersey City Newport