5 Ways to Celebrate Earth Day
Happy Earth Day, guys! This may sound obvious, but we kind of love this gorgeous planet of ours. (Hence this whole exploring-it-all-the-time thing.) So in honor of Earth Day, we rounded up a handful of ways to travel greener and to keep celebrating the Earth long after today.
Now that Earth Day is here, we've got nothing but excuses to celebrate the only way we know how—by booking imaginary trips to some of the world's greatest eco-friendly hotels in stunning locales. Join us!
When you're on-the-go, why not also go green? We chose seven of the best eco-friendly, well-designed, and multipurpose products to help keep you organized, entertained, and green on your journeys.
It is one thing to call yourself "green," but it's another to practice what you preach. So we investigated some self-proclaimed leaders in eco-consciousness hotels and came up with five top picks that leave the others green with envy.
Even when deciding on your next great European getaway, you can keep green in mind. Choose one of these 10 cities, where biking is the norm, organic food is available everywhere you look, and recycling is easy.
Vacations do the body (and soul) good, and none more so than volunteer trips. They are among the best ways to see, and connect with, the world. Here are a few choice trips to get you started.
Photo credits: Bungalows at Four Seasons Bora Bora: Peter Vitale/Four Seasons Bora Bora; Travel Tech collage by Fodors.com; Bardessono hotel pool courtesy of Bardessono; Bikes in Amsterdam via Shutterstock; Volunteer vacations courtesy of American Hiking Society
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- Where to Eat in Orlando Now
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $765 & up -- Big Island 3-Night Vacations w/Air & Car RentalPleasant Holidays
- $239 -- 4-Star Grand Cayman Beach Resort, Save 60%The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
- $529 & up -- 8-Day Alaska Cruise incl. Glacier BayCarnival Cruise Lines
- $718 -- Costa Rica: 4-Star All-Incl. Riu Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $96 & up -- San Diego Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $239 & up -- 4-Nt. Bahamas Cruise w/LeAnn Rimes ConcertCarnival Cruise Lines