5 Top Spas in Los Angeles
In a town with so many pampered stars, there's bound to be a variety of spas dedicated to rest, beauty, and relaxation. And with awards season out of the way, you won’t have to jostle (as much) with A-list clients for prime appointment times. Now which to pick? We’ve narrowed down the field to a select five, which stand out for their services and innovative treatments.
La Prairie at the Hotel Bel-Air
There are actually two La Prairie spas in the City of Angels (the other in the famed Beverly Hills Hotel), but this location on the 12-acre property of Hotel Bel-Air is truly an oasis. After two years of renovations, the spa reopened in 2011 and now boasts a 4,000 square foot-complex with seven treatment rooms, a nail suite, and relaxation lounge. This spring, the spa is featuring the new Cellular Swiss Ice Crystal Facial (90 minutes, $350), which includes a refreshing solution of Swiss plants and algae, plus a facial massage with quartz crystals.
Lulur Day Spa
Lulur, a Balinese-inspired spa in West Hollywood, is fast becoming a neighborhood favorite. Known for her signature facials (exfoliation, extractions, and a custom mask; 60 minutes, $100), owner René Andersen deploys her deft touch on regulars and celebs alike, such as Barbra Streisand, Catherine Zeta-Jones, and Thandie Newton.
Speaking of East-meets-West, The Raven, with locations in Silver Lake and Santa Monica, excels in Thai massages for reasonable prices (one hour, $70). In need of a detox? The Rock Star package is a special treat. It starts with a feet-and-hands salt scrub and one-hour Thai massage, finished with a 30-minute head, face, and neck massage, plus a yogurt mask (two hours, $185). Be sure to take advantage of the infrared sauna.
Beverly Wilshire Spa
Usually booked to capacity during awards season, the Beverly Wilshire has a treatment for just about every everyone. Those keen on organic products can choose from a list of treatments using Kahina’s organic argan oil. Meanwhile, luxury seekers will be pleased with the Natura Bisse options from the Barcelona-based beauty brand’s Diamond line. Particularly intriguing is the Diamond Magnetic massage, a treatment using a mud made from crushed diamonds which is then removed using magnets. The service concludes with a full-body massage (90 minutes, $395).
Set in a charming bungalow in Santa Monica, the intimate setting at this spa matches the thoughtful service. The Willow Spa is also an ideal stop for groups, offering several party and bridal shower packages. Among the new offerings this season, the spa is launching a Spring Renewal package, which features a 60-minute massage and 45-minute scrub. Willow is also known for its signature enzyme bath, a curious treatment involving a “soak” in a dry bath of finely cut wood shavings, rice bran, and fruit and vegetable enzymes, finished with a foot massage (75 min, $110).
Photo Credit: Courtesy of Gilt City Inc. (Fire Garden, Willow Spa), Courtesy of Hotel Bel-Air by La Prairie (La Prairie treatment room), Courtesy of the Four Seasons (Beverly Wilshire Spa)
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- 10 Best Casino Restaurants in the World
- Top 10 Fall Trips for Food Lovers
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- Ultimate Guide to European Rail Passes
- Wine Lover's Guide to St. Helena
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1368* & up -- Fly to Australia: 6 Cities on Sale, R/TAir New Zealand
- $104 -- 5-Star Luxury Punta Cana Resort & Casino w/Wi-FiBookIt.com
- $721* & up -- Europe Fall Fares from the U.S., R/TAir France
- $649 & up -- Los Cabos: All-Incl. Beach Getaway w/Spa CreditCheapCaribbean.com
- $1275 & up -- U.S. River Cruises w/Hotel Stay, Half OffAmerican Queen Steamboat Company
- $1313 & up -- Bangkok & Phuket 6-Nt. Trip w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com