5 Top Spas in Los Angeles
In a town with so many pampered stars, there's bound to be a variety of spas dedicated to rest, beauty, and relaxation. And with awards season out of the way, you won’t have to jostle (as much) with A-list clients for prime appointment times. Now which to pick? We’ve narrowed down the field to a select five, which stand out for their services and innovative treatments.
La Prairie at the Hotel Bel-Air
There are actually two La Prairie spas in the City of Angels (the other in the famed Beverly Hills Hotel), but this location on the 12-acre property of Hotel Bel-Air is truly an oasis. After two years of renovations, the spa reopened in 2011 and now boasts a 4,000 square foot-complex with seven treatment rooms, a nail suite, and relaxation lounge. This spring, the spa is featuring the new Cellular Swiss Ice Crystal Facial (90 minutes, $350), which includes a refreshing solution of Swiss plants and algae, plus a facial massage with quartz crystals.
Lulur Day Spa
Lulur, a Balinese-inspired spa in West Hollywood, is fast becoming a neighborhood favorite. Known for her signature facials (exfoliation, extractions, and a custom mask; 60 minutes, $100), owner René Andersen deploys her deft touch on regulars and celebs alike, such as Barbra Streisand, Catherine Zeta-Jones, and Thandie Newton.
Speaking of East-meets-West, The Raven, with locations in Silver Lake and Santa Monica, excels in Thai massages for reasonable prices (one hour, $70). In need of a detox? The Rock Star package is a special treat. It starts with a feet-and-hands salt scrub and one-hour Thai massage, finished with a 30-minute head, face, and neck massage, plus a yogurt mask (two hours, $185). Be sure to take advantage of the infrared sauna.
Beverly Wilshire Spa
Usually booked to capacity during awards season, the Beverly Wilshire has a treatment for just about every everyone. Those keen on organic products can choose from a list of treatments using Kahina’s organic argan oil. Meanwhile, luxury seekers will be pleased with the Natura Bisse options from the Barcelona-based beauty brand’s Diamond line. Particularly intriguing is the Diamond Magnetic massage, a treatment using a mud made from crushed diamonds which is then removed using magnets. The service concludes with a full-body massage (90 minutes, $395).
Set in a charming bungalow in Santa Monica, the intimate setting at this spa matches the thoughtful service. The Willow Spa is also an ideal stop for groups, offering several party and bridal shower packages. Among the new offerings this season, the spa is launching a Spring Renewal package, which features a 60-minute massage and 45-minute scrub. Willow is also known for its signature enzyme bath, a curious treatment involving a “soak” in a dry bath of finely cut wood shavings, rice bran, and fruit and vegetable enzymes, finished with a foot massage (75 min, $110).
Photo Credit: Courtesy of Gilt City Inc. (Fire Garden, Willow Spa), Courtesy of Hotel Bel-Air by La Prairie (La Prairie treatment room), Courtesy of the Four Seasons (Beverly Wilshire Spa)
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- Fall 2014 Guide to Washington, D.C.
- $133 & up -- Toronto Harbour Hotel over Weekends, Save $50Westin Harbour Castle Toronto
- $499* & up -- Scandinavia & Europe Winter & Spring Sale, R/TScandinavian Airlines
- $56 & up -- Myrtle Beach Oceanfront 1-Bedroom Suite, 10% OffOcean Dunes Resort
- $749 & up -- Cancun: All-Incl. Beachfront Escape w/ExtrasApple Vacations
- $165 & up -- SC: 4-Star Hilton Head Island Resort, Save 40%The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa
- $639* & up -- Europe Fall Fares on 'Best Airline' (R/T)Lufthansa Airlines