5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
If you're eager to get away over Memorial Day weekend, but have yet to make plans to get out of town, there's still time to hop on more than a few fantastic deals. Take a look at five of our favorite hotel packages to help you kick off the unofficial start of summer.
Bring the family to Scottsdale to enjoy the Memorial Day Family Package at The Phoenician. Take a dip in one of nine refreshing pools while you kick back to listen to the live band and DJ. Enjoy a pool party buffet on Friday or Saturday night, as well as two drink coupons, two bottled waters, two ice cream sundaes, and sunscreen. Don't miss "Glo at The Phoe," an underwater light show complete with glow-in-the-dark treats and light-up beach balls that takes place each night. Rates start at $279/night. And, bonus, when you check out you'll receive a coupon to save 25% off your next stay.
Just steps from Pike Place Market and hip Capitol Hill, Hotel Max in Seattle mixes urban adventure with art, music, and style, offering a home away from home for the creatively inclined. Over Memorial Day weekend (check-in May 24, check-out May 27), Hotel Max has the Eat, Sleep, and Be Parked package, which includes an art-filled room, a parking space with unlimited valet parking, and a $20 voucher to use at Red Fin, the hotel's sushi restaurant. Rates start at $215/night. Look for the work of iconic local photographers on each floor, and if you can, try to request a room with a Space Needle view.
St. Regis Aspen
The Spring Getaway Package at the St. Regis in Aspen offers savings of up to 40% off daily rates, making this the perfect time to get away for some hiking, fly fishing, horseback riding, and clay target shooting in Colorado. Then, de-stress with a $100 daily credit to use at the Remède Spa and kick back at the Shadow Mountain Lounge as you enjoy two complimentary drinks each night. Free valet parking and wireless access are also included. This package is available through June 5 and rates start at $279 per night. Use promo code SPRINGPR when booking your room.
Grand Bahama Island, Bahamas
It's easy to spend the three-day weekend in the Bahamas thanks to a variety of direct flights and up to 45% off rooms at the Grand Lucayan as part of the Bahamas Break-Out Sale. Enjoy access to resort amenities, as well as island activities, like snorkeling, kayaking, and swimming with dolphins. You'll also find three swimming pools, eight restaurants, a golf course, and an expansive spa and fitness center. Rates start at $95/night, and families will love the two-for-one access to the Camp Lucaya Kids Club. Or, upgrade to an all-inclusive package for an extra $87 for adults or $43 for kids ages 11 and younger.
Otesaga Resort Hotel
Cooperstown, New York
Head to beautiful Otsego Lake in central New York State for swimming, canoeing, and golf at the Otesaga Resort Hotel. As part of the Memorial Day Weekend Resort Package, enjoy breakfast and dinner with each night's stay, a manager's cocktail reception on Friday, May 24, and two tickets to the Baseball Hall of Fame Classic Game on Saturday, May 25 at historic Doubleday Field. On Memorial Day, watch the General Clinton Canoe Regatta, the world's longest one-day canoe race. Also, check out the lawn games, family bingo, classic movies, a historic tour of The Otesaga, and live music nightly. The package rate is $349/night and rooms must be booked by May 23.
Photo credit: Courtesy of The Phoenician, Scottsdale
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
Some good ideas and deals. The Grand Lucayan is a great family friendly resort.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 US Islands Where You Can Beat the Winter Blues
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Great Spots in Paris with a Literary History
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Where to Eat at This Year's SXSW Festival
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $349 -- Cruise from US to Europe w/Upgrades; Kids Sail FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $599 & up -- All-Incl. Puerto Plata Escape w/Air, Half OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $1394 & up -- Ireland: 6-Night Dublin Escape w/Air & ToursSceptre Tours
- $108 & up -- Los Angeles Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $2498 -- Upscale Bahamas & Bermuda Cruise incl. R/T AirfareOceania Cruises
- $86 & up -- 4-Diamond Myrtle Beach Resort incl. BreakfastNorth Beach Plantation