5 Perfect Beauty Products to Pack for London
With all eyes on the UK this summer as Kate Middleton and Prince William welcomed their baby son into the world (that's the future King of England—His Royal Highness Prince George Alexander Louis of Cambridge, for those not keeping track), a good deal of the planet opted-in on the fanfare, including a wealth of British beauty brands. Whether your predilection is English Rose or regal; posh or punk rock; Mod or Madness, these products add color, fun, and glamour to your next London visit.
1. Butter London Nail Lacquer ($15)
This cheeky brand, whose polishes are made without formaldehyde, toluene, or DBP, is a backstage favorite at fashion week. Butter London recently launched a limited-edition trio collection of "regal purples" called The Royals with shades like No More Waity Katie, Pitter Patter, and Lillibet’s Jubilee ($39, butterlondon.com). Other bestsellers include the colors Hail The Queen, Union Jack Black, British Racing Green, Yummy Mummy, and Teddy Girl, but a Butter London spokesperson tells us that she’s noting a lot of white-polished fingernails on London streets this summer. Their color Cotton Buds is an opaque white that they suggest wearing underneath other lacquers to make colors pop.
2. Molton Brown London via the World Global Travel Size Bath & Body Wash Set(Individual bottle $30, set for $42)
Conquer jet-leg with this sophisticated array of both invigorating and calming blends including Warming Eucalyptus, Energising Seamoss, Inspiring Wild-indigo, Relaxing Yuan Zhi, and their best-selling, award-winning Re-charge Black Pepper Black scent made with peppercorn oil, earthy oakmoss, and bergamot said to conjure the scent of earl grey tea—crumpets not included!
Bonus: If you prefer a rose scent, Ren Moroccan Rose Otto Body Wash is a non-cloying take on the traditional flower that comes in a Mini Rose Gift/Travel Set ($28, us.spacenk.com).
3. Burberry Beauty 'Lip Glow' Natural Lip Gloss ($27)
Like a perfect trench coat, Burberry Beauty has its practical charms. But their makeup colors are the perfect range of classic meets understated seduction. This lip-gloss’ hydrating formula keeps lips moist on the flight over the pond. Also try their Light Glow Blush ($42), Fresh Glow Powder ($48), and Fresh Glow Fluid ($48) for extra radiance.
4. Boots No. 7 Protect & Perfect Intense Body Serum ($24.99)
British women are heralded for their glowing, healthy skin. This moisturizing and anti-aging cult favorite is plumped with fine-line fighting ingredients including pro-retinol, peptides, and antioxidants that gives skin a dewy, fresh look.
Bonus: The Brits make terrific face washes featuring essential oils made to use with hot cloths. Try The Fab Pore Hot Cloth Cleanser, made with natural sweet almond, orange, and lavender (Muslin face cloth included, $20, soapandglory.com), and Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser made with eucalyptus, chamomile, and rosemary essential oils (Muslin face cloth included, $24.50, us.lizearle.com).
5. Rimmel London Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Pencil ($3.99)
For women who feel more Kate Moss than Kate Middleton, or even all-out Siouxsie Sioux from Siouxsie and the Banshees, use this pencil for a smoky eye and add layer upon layer of your favorite mascara for a late-night, rock & roll goddess effect. Rimmel has a good tutorial with smoky eye tips on their website.
Photo credits: Butter London Nail Lacquer courtesy of butter LONDON; Molton Brown London Warming Eucalyptus Bath & Shower Therapy courtesy of Molton Brown Limited; Burberry Beauty 'Lip Glow' Natural Lip Gloss courtesy of Burberry; Boots No. 7 Protect & Perfect Intense Beauty Serum courtesy of Target Brands, Inc.; Rimmel London Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Pencil courtesy of BEAUTYLISH, INC
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $118 & up -- Philadelphia Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $209 & up -- Oceanview: 4-Night Cruise to Cozumel, 40% OffRoyal Caribbean
- $118 & up -- Chicago Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $1045 & up -- Oahu & Kauai 6-Nts. w/Air, Hotels & TransferTripMasters.com
- $246 -- Boston: 4-Star Back Bay Hotel, 50% OffThe Westin Copley Place, Boston
- $49 & up -- Atlantic City Hotel Sale incl. Extras & CreditsAtlantic City