12 Best Men's Shops in Paris
Shopping is always high on the to-do list when visiting this capital of fashion. But guys often get short shrift when it comes to finding out what's happening now. Take heart, gentlemen, there's no lack of trendsetting shops where you, too, can snag the latest in Parisian chic.
So we rounded up this up-to-the-minute sampling of the hottest new style centers in Paris's chicest neighborhoods—the Marais, Canal Saint-Martin, Saint-Germain des Prés—all with a focus on top-quality, hand-selected French and European labels you won't find back home.
The '50s French film projected on the wall lends the atmosphere to this oh-so-Parisian spot, where suave modern classics are handpicked from Europe's finest labels. Including shoes, accessories, books, and cool design objects. 14 rue de Marseille, Canal Saint-Martin
This hyper-cool, eco-friendly concept store stocks a rigorously curated selection of the best in ethical fashion. French of-the-moment brands—Bleu de Paname, Maison Olga, Monsieur Lacenaire—along with European sportswear (and cool vintage bikes). Equitable fashion never looked this good. Shoes, accessories, and women's styles, too. 2 rue de Marseille, Canal Saint-Martin
This cool, intimate shop revives the French tradition of handmade quality for men's essentials, including the superb Rastignac shirt, with interchangeable collar and cuff styles. The selection may be small, but it's choice. They also stock accessories and items for the home. 24 rue Yves Toudic, Canal Saint-Martin
Described as "relaxed elegance," this ultra-chic label's first dedicated boutique—just opened this winter—has sent the fashion press all abuzz for some of Paris's most beautifully designed ready-to-wear in gorgeous colors, quality fabrics, and unerring style. 109 Blvd Beaumarchais, Marais
The fashion cognoscenti can't get enough of Paris's best-kept secret, where elegant Givenchy suits rub elbows with hard-to-find labels, like Belgian sensation Sofie d'Hoore and British knitwear genius John Smedley. Mix it up with the best-cut jeans and chicest shirts around. Score some silk scarves and accessories, too. 38 rue de Poitou, Marais
Inspired by lasting quality and world travel, this cosmopolitan collection of timeless French clothes, shoes, and accessories includes classics like striped fisherman's sweaters from Brittany along with exclusive collaborations with international designers. The new boutique combines men's, women's, and home design. 128 rue Vieille du Temple, Marais
With an impeccable pedigree—he's the art director for Hermès—Lemaire's singular vision distinguished him from the pack early on. Known for purity of cut, exquisite tailoring, and luxe fabrics, these clothes will turn heads season after season. The shop is also home to a women's collection and some choice leather goods. 28 rue de Poitou, Marais
This young designer quickly earned her a place among the best sportswear labels in Paris since her introduction in 2009. Her first dedicated boutique gathers all her sleek, modern styles in natural fabrics. You'll also find some knockout shoes and bags on offer. 9 rue Madame, Saint-Germain-des-Prés
Sweden's answer to hipster cool, Acne Studios is a style lab and lifestyle collective rolled into one. Known for their famously flattering jeans and sensational leather jackets, this fashion-forward and functional clothing line makes great wardrobe staples. 3 rue Froissart, Marais
Best Department Stores
If you don't have the time to spend the afternoon browsing, you can't go wrong here:
Bon Marché's gleaming new Balthazar men's store is one of the largest and most elegant comptoirs of style in Paris, with everything for the well-appointed male.
Galeries Lafayette just inaugurated its comprehensive 100% Men's accessories department on the ground floor of Lafayette Home.
BHV Homme consolidates a huge range of French chains and international labels. Frequent sales make it a favorite spot for stocking up on basics.
Photo Credits: Balibaris, Courtesy of Balibaris; Centre Commerciale, Courtesy of Centre Commercial; Comedie Humaine, Courtesy of La ComÃ©die Humaine; AMI, Courtesy of AMI; Jacenko, Courtesy of 20PH Paris; French Trotters, Courtesy of FrenchTrotters; Christophe Lemaire, Courtesy of Christophe Lemaire; Melinda Gloss, Courtesy of Melinda Gloss; Acne Studios, Courtesy of Acne Studio Paris
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $224 & up -- NYC: Times Square Westin thru Summer, Reg. $400The Westin New York Times Square
- $1049 & up -- Jamaica: All-Incl. 'Kids Stay Free' Trip w/AirApple Vacations
- $125 & up -- 4-Star Houston Hotel at the Galleria, Save 55%The Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria
- $579 & up -- 10-Night Cruise to Italy, Greece & TurkeyNorwegian Cruise Line
- $299 -- Maui: Oceanfront 4-Star Resort, Save 20%The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali
- $1299 -- Ireland: 6-Nt. Fly & Drive Package w/Castle StayAer Lingus Vacation Store