Fodor's California National Parks
About This Book
Discover seven great California parks in one e-book:
· Just 60 miles northwest of Los Angeles, the five islands of Channel Islands park are a nature-lover’s paradise and home to 145 species found nowhere else on the planet.
· Straddling the southern California and Nevada borders, Death Valley is the largest national park in the contiguous U.S. and features breathtaking vistas and blasting 120-degree heat.
· World-class rock climbing and spectacular desert scenery are highlights of Joshua Tree. The eponymous trees—twisted and prickly, with clumps of spiny leaves—are straight out of a Dr. Seuss book.
· Visitors to Lassen Volcanic will find spectacular geologic wonders plus more than 150 miles of hiking trails, countless mountain lakes and streams, and flowering meadows.
· Ancient evergreens tower over visitors among the jagged mountain slopes of Sequoia and Kings Canyon, which cover more than 850,000 acres combined.
· Shimmering waterfalls and the soaring granite monoliths of Half Dome and El Capitan are some of the classic images you’ll see in Yosemite’s 748,000 acres.
Note: This e-book edition includes photographs and maps that will appear on black-and-white devices but are optimized for devices that support full-color images.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe