About This Book
There's history and culture around every bend in Boston--skyscrapers nestle next to historic hotels while modern marketplaces line the antique cobblestone streets. The city that blends yesterday and today has much to offer, and with this updated Fodor's Gold Guide first-time visitors, as well as returning visitors, will discover all of Beantown's old and new charms.
This travel guide includes:
· Dozens of full-color maps plus a handy pullout map with essential information
· Hundreds of hotel and restaurant recommendations, with Fodor's Choice designating our top picks
· Multiple itineraries to explore the top attractions and what’s off the beaten path
· In-depth breakout features on Boston's Freedom Trail and whale watching
· Major sights such as USS Constitution, Boston Public Garden, The Museum of Fine Arts, The New England Aquarium, Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Boston Harbor Islands, Harvard University, and Mount Auburn Cemetary
· Side Trips from Boston including Northwest of Boston, The North Shore, and South of Boston
· Coverage of Beacon Hill; Boston Common and the Old West End; Government Center and the North End; Charlestown; Downtown Boston; Back Bay and the South End; The Fenway; Boston Outskirts; Cambridge
Planning to visit more of New England? Check out Fodor's travel guide to New England.