About This Book
Packed with landmark sights, world-renowned museums, awe-inspiring churches, fabulous trattorias, and, of course, the Vatican, Rome is a city that's worth returning to over and over again. And with so much to see and do in the Eternal City, Fodor's Rome is the guide to help travelers make the most of every trip.
This travel guide includes:
· Dozens of full-color maps plus a handy pullout map with essential information
· Hundreds of hotel and restaurant recommendations, with Fodor's Choice designating our top picks
· Multiple itineraries to explore the top attractions and what’s off the beaten path
· In-depth breakout features on The Sistine Ceiling, Bernini and Borromini, and history of Rome
· Major sights such as The Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Trastevere, and Galleria Borghese
· Side Trips from Rome with Ostia Antica, Tivoli, and The Castelli Romani
· Coverage of Ancient Rome; The Vatican; Piazza Navona, Campo de' Fiori, and the Jewish Ghetto; Piazza di Spagna; Repubblica and Quirinale; Villa Borghese, Piazza del Popolo, and Flaminio; Trastevere; Aventino and Testaccio; Monti, Esquilino, Celio, and the Via Appia Antica
Planning to visit more of Italy? Check out Fodor's country-wide travel guide to Italy.