Fodor's Provence & the French Riviera
About This Book
The darlings of French tourism, Provence and the French Riviera have always been beautiful destinations attracting everyone from the rich and famous to world-renowned artists. With unbelievable coasts and rustic-chic villages, the regions draw travelers eager to experience their azure skies and legendary landscapes. This full color-guide highlights the best of this region, from the urban buzz of Marseilles and Nice to the glamorous meccas of St-Tropez, Cannes, and Monaco.
This travel guide includes:
· Dozens of full-color maps
· Hundreds of hotel and restaurant recommendations, with Fodor's Choice designating our top picks
· Multiple itineraries to explore the top attractions and what’s off the beaten path
· In-depth breakout features on Provence's Lavender Route, the region's artistic legacy, and the area's outstanding cuisine
· Major sights such as Aix-en-Provence, Arles, Avignon, the Calanques, the Camargue, the Lavender Route, Marseille, Pont du Gard, St-Paul-de-Vence, St-Remy-de-Provence, St. Tropez
· Coverage of The Alpilles, Arles and the Camargue; The Vaucluse; Aix, Marseille, and the Central Coast; The Western Cote D'Azur; Nice and the Eastern Cote D'Azur; Monaco
Planning to visit more of France or focus on Paris? Check out Fodor's travel guides to France and Paris.