About This Book
Expanded coverage: Look for Glasgow’s hot new hotels and riverside attractions, and fresh restaurant and lodging options in popular Highland areas and on the Isle of Skye.
Special Features: Selected features focus on helping travelers experience the essence of Scotland, including choosing the best castles to see, planning a whisky distillery visit, and discovering great local fare. A chapter on the country’s greatest golf courses includes tips for playing them.
Indispensable Trip Planning Tools: Features such as Top Attractions, Great Itineraries, and best bets for hotels and restaurants in Edinburgh and Glasgow make planning simple; If You Like highlights where to find the best of eight top Scottish experiences from festivals to island havens. Convenient overviews present each region and its highlights, and chapter planning sections have savvy advice for making the most of your time and getting around by car and public transportation, including island hopping.
Discerning Recommendations: Fodor’s Scotland offers savvy advice and recommendations from local writers to help travelers make the most of their time. Fodor’s Choice designates our best picks, from hotels to nightlife. “Word of Mouth” quotes from fellow travelers provide valuable insights.
Related Online Destination Guides
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe