Pictures from Lake Manyara and Ngorongoro crater

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29th, 2006, 03:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm trying hard to work on a trip report and get all of my pictures together so that I can contribute something to this wonderful board. I thought I would share these pictures in the mean time.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesho...r043c&Ux=0

Jenn
Old Aug 29th, 2006, 03:34 PM

Good job, Jenn! Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed seeing how the lions used the vehicles for shade.
Old Aug 29th, 2006, 03:43 PM

Still looking, but I LOVE the school kids
Old Aug 30th, 2006, 04:12 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Shay and Wayne, I'm glad that you enjoyed them.

Wayne, visiting the school was one of my favorite experiences as well. The children were so well behaved and they LOVED seeing their pictures on our digital cameras.

Jenn
Old Aug 30th, 2006, 07:19 AM

Jenn, My idea of a great morning coffee, enjoying it over pics of a what looks like a marvelous day in the Crater!! Lions in the road, babies of every sort - ellies, zebra, giraffe, Maasai!! The little ones are so adorable, animal and human. What school did you stop at? The classroom set up and available materials seemed so "with it," compared to the ones we saw. Deb
Old Aug 30th, 2006, 08:36 AM

Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to ehar all about the school visit. And I really liked the photos of the (what I think were) blue monkeys--you got really good shots of their faces.
Old Aug 30th, 2006, 08:45 AM

Thanks for your photos. Looking forward to your report.
Old Aug 30th, 2006, 09:52 AM

I liked your blue (or some call them black) monkey pictures.

Some nice giraffes in moton.

The zebras at the water's edge were good and so were the zebra behinds.

It's obvious you get very close to the lion.

I was enjoying the cheetah photos,then suddenly there were 2 of them. Was that all one sighting? Where one cheetah joined the other?

Your school shots were excellent, as well as the Masai.
Old Aug 30th, 2006, 11:22 AM

Jenn,
Thanks for your photos. I loved the curious baby giraffe and the blue monkeys. Looking forward to your report.
Old Aug 30th, 2006, 12:36 PM

Jenn, looks like a fun trip and you got some great shots too. I like the Crater vistas especially. What a breathtaking view that is.

Now I'm ready for that report.
Old Aug 30th, 2006, 01:55 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone! We really had a wonderful trip. I have more pictures from the Serengeti, Tarangire and Zanzibar that I will try to get together as well.

The school was called the Kibaoni Primary School. It was near Lake Manyara.

Lynn- There were two cheetahs who our guide said were two brothers. He said we were lucky to see them on the move and be able to follow/watch them for so long. I love cheetahs, so this was very exciting for me.

We also saw one solitary cheetah way off in the distance in the crater. We didn't get any good pics of that one as the lions chased it off.

Jenn
Old Aug 30th, 2006, 01:59 PM
Original Poster

Lynn- I forgot to say the two cheetah brothers were on the move most of the time we watched them, that's why it was hard to photograph them together as they weren't very cooperative . So I tried to alternate back and forth between the two to get some good shots.

Jenn
Old Sep 24th, 2006, 07:48 PM

Hi Jenn,
Your pics were great. Where was the school that you visited? My sister and I and our 5 kids will be traveling next Sat. to Tanzania. We will be visiting an orphanage and school. Did you bring anything for the school children. We thought about bringing pencils, stickers, do you have any other ideas?
thanks,
julie
Old Sep 25th, 2006, 04:58 AM
Original Poster

Julie,

You are so lucky that you are leaving so soon! I know that you are going to have a fabulous time. Did you book with Green Footprints? I know there is someone traveling with children who booked with them, but can't remember who.

I'm glad you liked the pictures. We had a wonderful time visiting the school. All the details are in my trip report, but I'll tell you here as well.

We had a free morning, so we asked our guide if we could visit a school. It was called Kibaoni Primary School and it was near Lake Manyara. We had brought school supplies and wanted to give them directly to a school in need. We had pens, pencils, erasers, pencil sharpeners, markers, crayons, colored pencils, stickers and some other things I can't remember right now. They were really in need of lots of things though, so anything you bring will greatly appreciated.

Have a fantastic time!

Jenn
Old Sep 25th, 2006, 10:45 AM

The pictures were wonderful....(I actually wrote this earlier, but just discovered I must not have hit "Post&quot...anyway, I expecially loved the pictures because so many were of the exact placed we were. I smiled when I saw your elephant door handle because I have the same picture...except mine did not turn out as good as your, which leaded me to the question of which camera did you use to get these great pictures??
We went a year and 1/2 ago and I still cannot get the images out of my head...and don't want to. Such an amazing trip! You will have it dancing in your head for years to come, also.