Paris Dec 3rd thru Dec 14th

Old Oct 31st, 2008, 11:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris Dec 3rd thru Dec 14th

I will be leaving for Paris on Dec 3rd and meeting a friend flying in from SF.

I will have my laptop and can do the same as the mid Sept - mid Oct running trip report. We can give you the weather, make some reservations for you, tell you where we have been, dined etc.

It was fun before and hope it will be again. I will copy some from the Paris Perfect Followers thread and enter on here.

Joan
Old Oct 31st, 2008, 11:47 AM
Original Poster

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author: gracejoan3
Date: 10/31/2008, 06:35 am

I was up early, early this morning so I could call Daniel Rose in Paris. Daniel always answers the phone. We chatted about my e-mail that I had sent re the new place being open by April 24th for a little group to partake of his wonderful presentations! He said it might be close for that date. We will keep in touch about it. I then told him about this quick Dec. trip and what did he have for me. I have 4 seats for lunch on Friday Dec. 5th. I have an e-mail in to Catherine Constant to see if they wanted to join now, as April was when they had thought of joining in. Who knows, they may want the seats, in Dec!! They will definitely not be hard to fill!! Perhaps the best meal anyone could have for a Paris visit!!

Received my airport transportation confirmation overnight. They are only charging me 40 euros for this trip..each way, of course. What a bargain!!

a bientot...

Joan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author: elsiejune
Date: 10/31/2008, 08:38 am
Joan,
We're thinking of Spring for our May '09 trip....Do you know where the new restaurant will be located? Also, how far in advance to phone for lunch and/or dinner?
Merci, EJ

Date: 10/31/2008, 09:59 am
elsiejune,

I went by the new location in Sept...a dingy little street called Bailleul..about 1 1/2 blocks long off rue du Louvre..near the Louvre-Rivoli Metro. Daniel will wake up the street.

I had sent him an e-mail asking if he thought it would be open for the 24th of April as I have some friends in town that weekend. He said it would be close, but we will keep in touch about that date. I will be there for another month, so will be OK for me.

Send Daniel an e-mail and tell him when you will be there and would like a reservation for dinner or lunch during that period of time at his new location. Ask him to send you an e-mail when he knows what his timetable will be.He will have 6 more covers. I would imagine that it will be very simple, as it now is.

I will pass on to him what I have told you when there on 12/5. I will be in Paris from 4/14 til 5/13. Might think about going to Spring at the same time....

a bientot...

Joan

Author: luvparee
Date: 10/31/2008, 10:07 am
Joan -- where is the running commentary on your last trip? I would love to read it (although I read ALL your posts on "Our Paris" forum!). Is Lilia our own Framboise? If so, lucky her -- you two will have a great time together -- kindred spirits I think.

joy/luvparee

Date: 10/31/2008, 10:29 am
luv/paree,

You are correct Lilia/Framboise!!

Here is the thread:
http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...2&tid=35154778

You will find it fun reading, fun doing and many new friends were found. All were helpful and appreciative of one another and no criticisms...to me, just the way it should always be.

Guess I will start another for the Dec. dates and we will do it again.

I may have 2 seats for dining at Spring for lunch on Dec. 5th..will see..

a bientot...

Joan

Author: Weekender
Date: 10/31/2008, 12:46 pm
Joan:

Sign me up for a GTG at Cafe Max!

Weekender

Date: 10/31/2008, 01:33 pm
weekender,

Is that what you would like to do in December? What date? Closed on Sat/Sun. I guess you would need it to be Friday the 12th? How many in your party?

We can work on it and probably get a nice little group together.

The food is good, the place is bistrot funky and mainly French yuppies at night who do not begin to arrive til 9:00. Valdo can be charming and funny!

a bientot..

Joan

Author: Weekender
Date: 10/31/2008, 02:13 pm
Joan:

Looks like it must be Friday the 12th. Don't have a final count on my group as yet. We can give those yuppies a run for their money!

Weekender

Author: framboise_et_rose
Date: 10/31/2008, 02:19 pm
Joan,

Thanks for alerting me to this thread. It would be nice to have a GTG at Cafe Max on the 12th. I will try to get Megan to join us.

Weekender, are you going to be with a group of friends or will be by yourself?

Joy/Luvparee - yes, Joan and I will really have a grand time. It will be especially nice for me as it used to be my old 'hood for almost 5 years during "les annees quatre-vingt". It has changed some through the years. I missed meeting you in September - I was back home when you arrived!

Will keep in touch!

Lilia

Old Oct 31st, 2008, 12:07 PM

Lilia:

I am going to be in Paris with several friends. Our travels tend to be rather chaotic and without any semblance of a plan but I would love to meet you all at Cafe Max. I will attempt to rein in the others as well!

Weekender
Old Oct 31st, 2008, 12:43 PM

Weekender,

Know what you mena about being chaotic. When dealing with several people within a short period of time, it can be quite daunting and frustrating. As you well know, most of the fun restos one might want to try are closed on weekends.

My trips go anywhere from 10 days to a couple of weeks. Wish it can be longer but maybe someday. I'm just happy to be able to enjoy myself and get to visit my old friends and new ones.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Lilia
Old Nov 3rd, 2008, 01:14 PM
Original Poster

Getting our dining lined up..
12/4 Cafe Max upon arrival..late lunch or early dinner
12/5 Lunch-Spring
12/6 Light lunch Les Cocottes
12/6 Dinner Cafe Constant
12/7 l'Obelisque (Crillon) lunch
12/8 Les Sauvers lunch
12/9 Fables de la Fontaine dinner
12/10 Violon d'Ingres lunch
12/11 Undecided
12/12 Cafe Max GTG
12/13 Undecided
12/14 Drouant lunch
Depart for home....

That is a pretty good list, I think.

a bientot..

Joan
Old Nov 3rd, 2008, 01:46 PM

Such a wonderful list!
I wouldn't be able to look at food when we come back to good old USA. Then, there's Christmas.

Between meals, we can enjoy the Christmas lights and lots of window shopping (for me anyway) and the few roving markets that we wanted to visit.

Thank you for organizing all these. Our GTG at Valdo's promises to be a fun evening for all.

bisous,
Lilia
Old Nov 3rd, 2008, 01:58 PM
Original Poster

Lilia,

We can probably get a taxi to drive us around a bit to see some displays at night. I had one a few years back who did that when he was driving me to a restaurant where I had dinner reservations..was very nice.

We will have plenty of time for places that we want to go for shopping and/or whatever.

a bientot...

Joan
Old Nov 4th, 2008, 02:04 AM
Original Poster

Let's add Tante Louise for the 11th.

Lilia is going to cook in house on the 13th when we will have her local dear friends over for a nice time.

a bientot...

Joan
Old Nov 4th, 2008, 11:21 AM

Tante Louise for Dec. 11 will be perfect. I had been wanting to go for sometime. Let's do it!!!
Old Nov 7th, 2008, 06:25 AM
Original Poster

It looks like the two extra seats I have for "Spring" will be used by Catherine Constant. She wants to invite her good friend,( and mine), Carolyn, from Paris Perfect. They seldom have time to get together.. it would be a good way for them to do so, along with a super fine dining experience.

Sounds fun to me!!

a bientot...

Joan

Old Nov 7th, 2008, 08:49 AM

I am looking forward to meeting Catherine and Carolyn. Now, our Spring reservation is filled!
Old Nov 11th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Original Poster

I have all our dining reservations made for our December trip, that can be made.

Have been watching the weather a bit. It seems to be improving with the extended 10 days. I will be watching more closely as time gets nearer! I usually get lucky and the weather improves when I arrive...hope the luck continues!

a bientot...

Joan

Old Nov 13th, 2008, 02:46 AM
Original Poster

I have received a request to make a reservation for someone when I go to "Spring" in December. I will take care of it. I will also get an update on the move to the new place.

I called Valdo at Cafe Max this morning to tell him of my arrival, and to make the Dec. 12th reservations for our GTG..final head count after arrival.

I am watching the Paris weather..there is room for improvement! It usually changes to quite nice weather when I show up. I hope that continues...

a bientot...

Joan
Old Nov 13th, 2008, 08:28 AM

Hi Joan...I've been reading your Paris adventures with great pleasure...I just found out that a friend and I will be in Paris Dec.6-13 and will definitely try some of your favorite places. We will also be staying in the 7th...seems to draw me back every visit. Stayed in a Paris Perfect Apt. in May but this time just a hotel. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your luck holds out and the weather improves. It would be wonderful to have a few mild days to enjoy walking and exploring...always something new to find. Thanks for all your great information...
Old Nov 13th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Original Poster

AlReady2Go,

Hi,
I don't know if you have any interest, but we have a nice group getting together at our PP apartment to meet and greet one another, have a bit of Champagne and then walk over to Cafe Max for fun/dinner and whatever. e-mail me at [email protected] if you want more info.

a bientot...

Joan
Old Nov 16th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Original Poster

Looks like some local friends just couldn't pass the opportunity to join with us on this fun spur of the moment trip to Paris!!

Putting together their Paris Perfect apartment rental and then their air tickets. May be able to get same flights that I have. I will check on that for them.

Now I have to make some changes in some dining reservations for places that they should join us..of course the GTG at Cafe Max is a definite thing!

They will be doing some daytime first timer things. Will get them lined up for that.

I think this is going to be another fun, fun trip to Paris!!

a bientot...

Joan
Old Nov 18th, 2008, 02:40 AM
Original Poster

I now know which apartments we will be staying in for this trip..all www.parisperfect.com apartments.

We will be in the Pomerol from the 4 thru the 7th. Then the Medoc the 8th thru the 11th. Then we move to the rand new Core du Rhone.
It is not on the website yet. This is the description just received::
Hi Joan,

We are just finishing cote du rhone and unfortunately I haven’t got any pictures. We had a problem with the granite in the kitchen and some furniture deliveries, but it should be done in a week or so!

Cote du rhone is a beautiful 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment with a view of the Eiffel Tower almost directly in front from the living room. And a view of the balcony of Princess Caroline of Monaco’s apartment directly ahead too. You can see the royal crest on all of their balconies; who knows, maybe she’ll be there when you are!

Kind regards,

Madelyn

Another 2 gals are joining us for our GTG and will also be visiting each apt. that we will be in.

Shaping up well for a fun trip.

a bientot..

Joan
Old Nov 25th, 2008, 05:21 PM

Oh, I'm so jealous! I will be awaiting your trip reports with baited breath. But what I want to know is why you don't weigh 500 pounds, with all those great restaurant meals?! I know; I know. I did the same thing when I was there and didn't gain a pound. Why is that???? It is very strange!
Old Nov 26th, 2008, 01:43 AM
Original Poster

Abbeau,

Some will even lose weight while in Paris!

You do walk a lot. You eat leisurely, if French style. I do eat healthy while in Paris. Actually we all eat very healthy..fresh foods, none of the additives that we have here.

All set to go a week from today...Lilia will be able to translate the menus and will post all that info, that many of you enjoy!

a bientot,

Joan
Old Nov 30th, 2008, 03:10 PM

Joan,
Wishing you a wonderful trip, as you prepare to leave later this week. I'm sure you will have a wonderful time, once again, and I'll look forward to reading your upcoming posts. Bon voyage, EJ

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -