Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

are there hopspitals in the Scandinavio?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8th, 2005, 11:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

(please excuse my spelling since we donot have micropoint works to run it thru frist!!) Spazificly in Noway, Copyhagen, and Huskvarna? my hubby had a bad accident last week and went to the emergyence room and had receit 12 stiches (hes ok in case my Frogner's Family was wandering (thtas what I call you all!!) was wondering. But our insureance wont be good if there is no hopspitals in the Scandinavio agreement areas. They Scandinavion popele are so healthy since they eat fish and yodurt and have to walk everwhere because gas is high up there about 6 of US dollars per litter!! We didnt see any hopspitals at our last trip to the Scandinavio and was just wundering if we do have an axident what do do? Call 911 but how?? Should we get a cell phone for it in case of emergencecys? My singular is set to Rome but thats a long way from Scandinacian areas isnt'it? Have your phones worked over (up) there and how much was it? Can you hear me know?
Old Jun 9th, 2005, 12:10 AM

BillnBetty,

Since I have not been to "Copyhagen" I cant answer your questions about hospitals in Norway. Although, if this is any help, I do work at Swedish Hospital, here in Seatlle, Washington (you know, that Nordic connection).

I do have a question, what ever happened to your B&Bs' B&B proposistion? I felt it was a GREAT idea!!

Tom
Old Jun 9th, 2005, 12:47 AM

Scandinavian countries are very well organized. You can find all local emergency numbers in your hotel directory. In Finland general emergency number is 112. There aren't much public telephones left though, as everyone has carried cell phones for years already.

There are plenty of hospitals in every Scandinavian town, don't worry, the public healthcare is in very high level in Scandinavia. Pls check with your insurance company the doctors/clinics they have contract with. Urgent emergies are treated in emergency rooms.

Pls check with your operator if your phone works in Scandinavia, but if it works in Rome, it should work in all EU, we use GSM cellphone net in Europe, whichis different from American system.
Old Jun 9th, 2005, 06:17 AM

Tuuli, Tuuli! That is Bill and Betty Jones posting. Last time they were in Scadinavia they fitted in wearing horned helmets.

No, Bill & Betty. Your future trip (without hosåitals) will be a dangerous one.
Old Jun 9th, 2005, 08:41 AM
Original Poster

The bread and backfest comes in spurts. Somtimes we have a lot and some times none. We try to serve a real Scandianio breakfass with tomato and mustard herrings, danyon yodurts, and real Dutch cheese. I would put up ore net site address on the world wide innernets but I dont want to ad vertise plus it wouldnt fit here on Europe forums at Frogners!!

So Swedisch have hopspitals in Sealattle? Dont they think that theres allready hopspitals in Orugan? Thats not very smart!!

Thank you to Tuuli. That is good to know that 911 translades to 112 in Findland but do you now if it is the same in Noway and Huskvarna and Copyhagen damnark. How did you now my cell phone is American?? You must be clayrvoyurent! Do you now what number Im thinking right now? Put your answer on here and I wall lit you know if you are rigt! Our insurance is all right for Scandinavio but not Greensland but we wont go there anyway. Qittos for your advise!

We were ambarrassed last time so this time will were black and septica colors and my hbyy will get tips from Queer Eye for Straight Men from tv. So we will not be so self conscientius this time we wisit!!