Superfare.biz - good or bad????

Old Jan 24th, 2005, 02:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Superfare.biz - good or bad????

I have some GREAT airfare prices through a website called Superfares.biz and was wondering if anyone has ever heard of them? Are they a good company or a fly by night company? The price is $200.00pp cheaper then anywhere else I have looked. I would like to purchase the tickets soon, within a day I dont want to miss the good price. HELP!!
Old Jan 24th, 2005, 08:42 PM
JohnWM

I am curious: what 'GREAT' airfares do you have from this website? It yielded me worse results than Expedia and Travelocity!

Old Jan 25th, 2005, 06:30 AM
Original Poster

Well the best price I could find through after looking at Expedia, Orbitz, Sidestep and Travelocity and many more was $775.00pp from Baltimore to Maui on June 11-19, 2005 but through this website I got a price of $529.00. But I know the saying if something looks to good to be true.
Old Jan 26th, 2005, 10:52 AM
katybird

Anyone??? I checked a few fares and the pricing was too good to be true! Has anyone used this site? I'd be very interested to know their experience.

Old Jan 26th, 2005, 11:04 AM

ALERT! Must read!

American Airlines have some fares for $135.60 roundtrip for the dates you want, BWI-OGG. It seems to be actually bookable on aa.com.

I don't think these kind of fares will last long. Suggest you book it right now, if you're semi-certain about those dates!
Old Jan 26th, 2005, 11:12 AM

Oh well. Maybe it's just a fluke or glitch, as I can't get aa.com to book those flights. Having problem with the $550 fares as well...

Anyways, I have no experience with Superfares.biz, but agents like these will tell you after you give them all the information that the fare or the flight is no longer available, and you need to switch to a higher fare.

You may try and see. Maybe they do have those fares available, I don't know...
Old Jan 26th, 2005, 07:23 PM

Hmmm...this is interesting. Just checked the site for my late April-early May trip from SF to Rome. The least expensive option is on Delta on a flight that connects through Cincinnati (Northern KY). Arrivals, departures, and layover times look fine. The price is $547.82 (INCLUDING TAXES), which is about $250 less than anything else I've found after searching extensively for weeks. Flights on other carriers such as BA, USAirways and others are offered as well in the same general price range. The site has no homepage, address or telephone number. Maybe there's contact info available after the flight is booked, but I am unable go any further without giving my CC number. Does anyone out there know anything about this site? I've never heard of it until I saw this post, so I'm reluctant to go ahead with the booking until I know more.
Old Jan 27th, 2005, 04:45 AM
katybird

Betsy,
I found a toll free number and fax number at the bottom of the page. Click "live help" in the green bar or "contact us" at the very bottom. I know! These prices are just too good to be true!

Old Jan 27th, 2005, 03:40 PM

I cannot find this site on the web. Can somebody post a hot link? Is that even possible on this forum? Any help appreciated.
Old Jan 27th, 2005, 03:42 PM

Not link not possible on this forum, except to other threads or posts on fodors.com

The URL of the site in question is:

superfares.biz

Old Jan 27th, 2005, 03:55 PM

Very strange. All I get is the Marsfind page saying cannot find. Oh, well.
Old Jan 27th, 2005, 06:31 PM

Seems as if the site is not functioning at this time. I've tried and cannot access the site. Fodorites over on the Europe board are reporting the same thing. Oh well, it seemed too good to be true....
Old Jan 28th, 2005, 05:45 AM
katybird

I was researching a fare on this site a few days ago and Discovery Airlines came up out of Syracuse, NY. I called the airport as I had never heard of them and was told no such airline flew out of SYR. She had never heard of Discovery Airlines either!
Sure sounds like a scam to me.
Jiffer - How did you find this site? Google? etc???

Old Jan 28th, 2005, 11:48 AM

I think Discovery is/was one of the manifestations of a charter airline. A number of them seem to have some difficulty and disappear, only to show up again with new paint and a new name. I'm not really sure about Discovery having trouble, but its on the very fringe of my fading memory....
Old Jan 28th, 2005, 12:09 PM

For what it's worth, the site seems to be up and running again.
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 06:05 AM

Okay, call be skeptical, yet intrigued. I was finally able to get on superfares.biz, and plugged in a trip to Italy for the fall, which we've been tracking fares for. I requested BWI-Naples, with a return from Venice-BWI. It found an itinerary (using multiple airlines) that doesn't come up on the airlines' sites, with a ridiculously low price of $523pp after tax. I went to travelocity and built the same itinerary using the multiple destination function, and got the same flights quoted at over $1300pp. Went back to superfares.biz and this time the itinerary came out at $579pp. Still a silly price, although changed quite a bit over five minutes.
Does ANYBODY know anything about this Superfares company?
My research - The first time I was on the superfares site, the footer said that it was a division of Dawson and Sanderson Limited. Five minutes later, the footer said Sprise Limited. I did a search and found that D&S is a registered agent in the UK that offers discount travel through holidayco.co.uk, and appears legit, but that site doesn't mention any affiliation with superfares. Couldn't find anything about Sprise Limited.
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 06:33 PM

You're a pioneer, grubs, going where none of us has dared to tread. I have no idea if the site is legit or not. I have a feeling that if you try to book, those low, low fares will not be available, and they'll try to sell you a higher fare. Are you brave enough to find out?
Old Feb 3rd, 2005, 07:08 AM

Sorry to disappoint, but I'm not going to be so bold as to try them. I've now found postings in other sections of this site, and all signs point to scam. (One person said that she tried to book, and then received an error message saying that her credit card had been rejected, and then an email asking her to wire payment to Brussels...)

So, until I get some comfort that people are having success with them, I'm out of the game!
Old Feb 3rd, 2005, 09:54 AM

Me too, grubs!
Old Feb 3rd, 2005, 10:14 AM

There is a post on "other" FROM ONE-TIME ONLY POSTER regarding this website being a scam.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -